Sheraton Kauai Resort
Autograph
$659
$399
Marriott
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
$809
$659
$749
$674
Hyatt.com
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
$240
$217
$190
$309
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,370 results
All reviewsrum fireocean wingocean frontgarden poollava restaurantlavashspg memberthe linkthe main hotelbeach sideoceanfront roompoipu beachkauai resortbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeour honeymoonper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel has a nice location
I must say that we were rather disappointed with this Sheraton altho the room and bathroom were very nice. We had an oceanview, oceanfront room with a nice lanai.
Pool area very crowded, small for hotel size, not enough shade or umbrellas so we rented a cabana for $100 per day.
The fitness center was lacking , treadmills out of order, no one at the front desk knew anything, when would be fixed. Broken for 3 days, then just GONE. I asked every day when they would be fixed; front desk took room number and said they would have maintanence call us; no one ever called
The Rum Fire Restaurant service was abysmal. We had one dinner there, first night, would not go back for free! My husband's main course was brought out 10 minutes before mine. His dinner included dessert and the waiter just brought it out, never asked me if I wanted to order anything, I had to ask for it when my husband was served. My food was mediocre but my sorbet dessert was good.
We had the buffet breakfast included in our room price, it would have cost $25 otherwise, I certainly don't think what they had out on their buffet was worth anywhere near $25.
We got lunch at the hotel "delivered" to our cabana 2 days from the Lava restaurant. Mediocre salad and sandwiches, not worth the price charged. One day we went to the Starbucks shop on the property and got the pizza for lunch, best meal we had at the hotel.
Even the turn down service was disappointing, if there are 2 people in the room, why leave just ONE chocolate?
The valets were great and friendly, as were the pool people who took care of the cabanas. Front desk people had no idea what was going on in the hotel other than the rooms.
We are gold members with Starwood; this is the first time we have said that we would NOT go back to this Sheraton
Hopefully the manager was just on vacation the week we were there, as the service was very lax

Room Tip: the oceanfront rooms have a lovely view and are very comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaWife
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Aloha scubawife,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort and for taking the time to share your experience. While we are pleased our bellmen and pool team provided you with warm aloha, we apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations in several other aspects of your stay. With regard to our poolside shade, we will be installing additional shade thanks to feedback such as yours. We are sorry for the lack in follow up regarding our fitness center while the treadmills were being replaced. Your experience at RumFire is not indicative of our service standards and we have shared your comments with our team. We appreciate you voicing your concerns as it will only help us to improve our customer service. A manager will be reaching out to you as we would like to discuss your stay further and turn around your impression of the resort. We look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second visit to Kauai but the first time staying in Poipu. Last time we stayed in Hanalei but we really like Poipu better for the sunny weather and great beach location of the Sheraton. We were celebrating our 8th anniversary and my 50th birthday and we very happy with the great service and upgrades we received at the Sheraton. We spent 3 nights in the Beach Wing and 4 nights in the Ocean Wing. Our room in the Beach Wing was nice but overlooked the pool so it was noisy at times during the day. There was also a humming noise coming from some sort of generator which could be heard at night over the waves of the ocean. This isn't a problem if you sleep with your window closed but we like to listen to the ocean at night and the noise was distracting. After 3 nights we were upgraded to an Ocean Luxury room in the Ocean Wing. Room was amazing, view was priceless, and all we heard at night were the waves which were right outside our room! We much preferred the Ocean Wing and will request a room in this wing on our next visit. We both loved the Sheraton and will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others. Food at Rum Fire was outstanding and we enjoyed a light dinner there on our first night. We had the breakfast buffet at Lava's as it was included in our package and it was also very good. We enjoyed the couples massage near the beach (what a treat) and the Sheraton Luau was very convenient since we were staying on the property. We loved walking through the nearby Plantation Gardens each day to get to Starbuck's, Roy's, and Keoki's Paradise. The WIFI at the Sheraton was pretty poor in both of our rooms. For a $30 resort fee which is supposed to include Internet we felt the WIFI should have been better. We had great WIFI at Starbuck's and a great little pizza place in Kalaheo (Brick Oven Pizza) so we know they do have good WIFI on the island. This was a great place to wake up on my 50th birthday and I can't wait to return to the Sheraton again soon!

Room Tip: Stay in the Ocean Wing if you want a quiet room with a stunning view of the ocean. Room 1130 was AMAZING!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim M
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Aloha Kim M,

Hau`oli La Hanau (Happy Birthday) and mahalo for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kauai Resort. It is always a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests, and we are honored that you chose to spend your anniversary and birthday with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your rooms and your dinner at RumFire. With regard to our WiFi service, we apologize for the inconvenience. While we work to improve our resort-wide connectivity, complimentary routers are placed in rooms that are experiencing a weak signal. We look forward to you experiencing an improved Internet service upon your next visit. A hui hou!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary on a last minute trip. Beds were comfortable, though I was disappointed that the staff was unwilling to give my husband and I a king bed (even though there was plenty of availability). They were also unwilling to give us a late checkout (even for an extra hour) and, again, they had plenty of availability. The garden rooms are not terribly big and do not have excellent views by any means, but they were clean, comfortable, had a mini-fridge, and a patio. Its a short walk to the beach side, pool, and jacuzzi. However, it is much closer to the parking lot than the beachside rooms and since we rarely stay on-property during vacation, that was convenient for us and all our snorkel gear. The beach was nice, but steep and not great for snorkeling, but there is good snorkeling nearby. The parking lot is also where smokers have to hang out. We made our own drinks in our room and walked around the property with them and never got hassled, which was nice. They provide towels at the pool, but hours are limited (i.e. good luck after 5pm). Pool chairs are free but the shaded chairs on the beach must be rented. You will get hassled if you are sitting on one and have not rented it. Service at the restaurants could use serious improvement. Food was hit or miss, but occasionally you can get a decent happy hour at Rumfire - which is seriously under-marketed. The room service menu could also use serious improvement. It is also a short walk to the plantation gardens, which is the property next door. They have a luau, but make you stand 100 ft away to watch it if you have not paid for the dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerNaomi
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After spending 5 days at the Westin Princeville, we were somewhat disappointed to leave the quiet, relaxing Princeville for what would surely be the tourist laden area of Poipu.

I tried to use one of my SPG Suite Night awards, but that would have put me in the garden side of the facility. I was graciously upgraded to an ocean room, in advance as a platinum member. We were excited for some time “on the ocean”

When we checked in the clerk indicated that my reservation was for a garden room. As soon as she said that I just knew(from experience) I was going to have to fight for ANY upgrade. I bit my tongue and let her finish. She went on to say “But you were upgraded”, a sigh of relief, I wasn’t going to have to fight for a SPG upgrade! She said we were upgraded to an oceanfront SUITE. I was expecting one the oceanfront rooms, so I asked in disbelief her to clarify this, “is this one of the 11 suites”, she confirmed this and I looked at my wife and told her “You are going to like this one”.

We were given room 1418 which is one of, if not the most desirable rooms/suites in the entire resort.

I know they work hard trying to make customers happy all the time, but don’t always get the gratitude for their efforts and I wanted to say “Thank You” for making our trip and SPG experience and awesome one!

On another note, we ate all over the island, including the Beach House and found the on-site Rum Fire grill to be on par with the best of the island restaurants.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the Luau and that would be fun to sit on your balcony and watch the "Free to you" show.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a garden room which is actually across the road from the main hotel building. Apart from a rather unfriendly concierge when we first arrived the staff were very good. The hotel buildings fit in with the environment but of course there are no sea views from the garden. However, in this part of the hotel there is a very pleasant pool which is underused. Rooms are excellent as would be expected in this class of hotel. Food in the restaurants is OK but there are numerous other places to eat nearby and there is a free shuttle. The beach is just about suitable for swimming although the size of the surf can be limiting.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are significantly more expensive but the garden rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple