This was our second visit to Kauai but the first time staying in Poipu. Last time we stayed in Hanalei but we really like Poipu better for the sunny weather and great beach location of the Sheraton. We were celebrating our 8th anniversary and my 50th birthday and we very happy with the great service and upgrades we received at the Sheraton. We spent 3 nights in the Beach Wing and 4 nights in the Ocean Wing. Our room in the Beach Wing was nice but overlooked the pool so it was noisy at times during the day. There was also a humming noise coming from some sort of generator which could be heard at night over the waves of the ocean. This isn't a problem if you sleep with your window closed but we like to listen to the ocean at night and the noise was distracting. After 3 nights we were upgraded to an Ocean Luxury room in the Ocean Wing. Room was amazing, view was priceless, and all we heard at night were the waves which were right outside our room! We much preferred the Ocean Wing and will request a room in this wing on our next visit. We both loved the Sheraton and will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others. Food at Rum Fire was outstanding and we enjoyed a light dinner there on our first night. We had the breakfast buffet at Lava's as it was included in our package and it was also very good. We enjoyed the couples massage near the beach (what a treat) and the Sheraton Luau was very convenient since we were staying on the property. We loved walking through the nearby Plantation Gardens each day to get to Starbuck's, Roy's, and Keoki's Paradise. The WIFI at the Sheraton was pretty poor in both of our rooms. For a $30 resort fee which is supposed to include Internet we felt the WIFI should have been better. We had great WIFI at Starbuck's and a great little pizza place in Kalaheo (Brick Oven Pizza) so we know they do have good WIFI on the island. This was a great place to wake up on my 50th birthday and I can't wait to return to the Sheraton again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu