Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
$562
$479
$590
$549
Hyatt.com
$419
The Point at Poipu(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$299
Kiahuna Plantation Resort(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$249
Travelocity
Aston at Poipu Kai(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$264
$659
$399
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $492/night.

$189
$170
2,473 results
All reviewsrum fireocean wingocean frontgarden poollava restaurantlavashspg memberthe linkthe main hoteloceanfront roombeach sidepoipu beachkauai resortbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeour honeymoonhospitality room
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to a last night stay in Kauai at this resort. We wanted a clean, quiet last night's stay. The room rate as $450 so we had expectations equal to the price. We found our room reflected a 1960's building which had been refurbished. We heard the TV in the next room. Thought maybe the person next door was deaf. That night we heard the person next door snoring so we know the building had no insulation. Our mattress had a depression on one side. Clearly the mattress needed to be replaced. Not what I expected from Sheraton at this price. We found the Marriott Courtyard at $199 to be a much better place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tim c
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Aloha tim c,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to the islands and for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort. We apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. With regard to your mattress, we encourage you to reach out to us so that we may know which room you were in and inspect it personally. We look forward to connecting with you offline.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arrived very late on a Monday nite--finding anything on any Hawaiian island at nite is not fun, but this resort is only 14 miles from airport. Staff was helpful & very courteous upon our arrival.
We knew we wanted a ocean front room, & did they deliver. We had a third floor room, 2322. You can get a another room at a cheaper rate, in which those buildings are across the street, but why? The beach was right in front of the building, with parking next to the building. Resort was great, staff really made you feel that they did appreciate your business. They gave you 2 bottles of water per day, and restocked the coffee & tea each day. Rooms were recently remodeled, more of a modern feel. The bed & pillows were very comfortable. I will give you a hint, we ate elsewhere--Joes on the Green, always had a breakfast special. You have two malls close by--with plenty of resteraunts in them. Grounds were well kept. You have walking trials nearby, many
beaches to explore, activities to enjoy, all on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. The only thing the Sheraton needs to do is have a breakfast for new arrivals--to explain the many things to do--they would get a lot more business thrown there way.
Enjoy & explore--the week you spend on vacation will go by faster then you think.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money & get the ocean front--believe me it is worth it..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vikings1950
Reviewed May 16, 2013

After staying at 3 other resorts on Kauai, we chose to spend our last night at the Sheraton. This resort probably has the best beachfront location on the island. Koa Kea overlooks the water but is not really on the water (short walk) and St. Regis is built high up on a bluff (think Malibu). Marriott Lihue is on the Kalapaki Beach, but Sheraton is on the beautiful Poipu Beach. Poipu Beach offers it all - swimming, snorkeling, sea turtle watching and is walkable. You get the point - stay at the Sheraton for location. The rooms are updated with 4-poster beds but still have popcorn ceilings and seem dark. Unlike the St. Regis and Koa Kea they were minimally furnished meaning awkward spaces (we stayed in oceanfront luxury room). This was not a big deal, but the rooms reminded me of the Luxor property in Vegas (few wall hanging, etc...). I would not recommend for a honeymoon for this reason. However, there are several pros:

1. Yoga on the beach! Included in the resort fee was activities like yoga, pilates, zumba. Imagine looking at the waves and doing poses - I wanted to do this and was unable to find until we got here - GREAT PERK. Even for beginners like us.
2. Lava's happy hour - for open-air live entertainment and cocktails
3. Firepits to watch the sunset (why have the red cushions not been put out yet??? I saw them in a room)
4. Comfortable bed - more comfortable than Marriott and Koa Kea
5. Patios and balconies (included 2 chairs and sidetable) with spectacular views
6. Rumfire - delicious food if they can get the service down
7. Self-parking (finally!)
8. Overall value - although we paid $419/night it was still less than other properties and better value overall
9. Great robes! Nicer than Koa Kea and Marriott.
10. Lobby redo is beautiful!

Cons/Recommendations for Mgt:

1. Hire new concierge attendants (except for the one male attendant), the concierges were not helpful (even rude). I went 3 times and had to wait in line or wait for them on the phone. They would not even acknowledge that someone was standing there - training is needed on customer service. St. Regis concierge was excellent which is also a SPG property (January from St. Regis even promoted Rumfire)
2. Put screens in sliding doors - there are mosquitos in this area and people want to listen to the waves; to reduce bugs and allow for safety, invest in screens. When we come back to Kauai we will call to make sure there are screens before we book Sheraton. (Koa Kea and St. Regis both had screens, Marriott did not)
3. The pool was crawling with people - I would never spend any time there, but if you are looking for a more quiet pool the garden pool is less used.
4. Rumfire service is in serious need of an overhaul

Room Tip: 1st floor oceanfront (luxury oceanfront) room allows for unlimited access to the beach - walk right out!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreamtravelreviewer
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I never been in this resort before but I had my doubts about staying, I was totally wrong, the service , the staff , beginning from valet parking , front desk, the whole staffing was just amazing , the service everywhere around totally outstanding I could not ask for more i felt like a king, the ocean front room was awesome, we have spectacular view, the outdoors ambient were gorgeous , the restaurant Rum fire ,LAVA'S bar, pool very relaxing and pool service excellent. I will highly recommend this resort specially the rooms by ocean are perfectly located.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Beautiful view from my room. I left the lanai door open so I could hear the waves breaking on the shore. I had a great dinner with quality wine (all 90+ ratings), highly recommend the Japanese Pear Gorgonzola Pizza. Too bad I'm here for work but the Sheraton Kauai is a great respite from my work day.

• Stayed: May 2013
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Aloha Parmachine,

Thank you for choosing us as your accommodations for your business trip and for taking the time to share your experience at Sheraton Kauai Resort. We are always pleased to hear from our kama'aina guests and are happy to learn that you have had some time to enjoy the views from your room and RumFire restaurant. We hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon!