Average, but good enough hotel with great beach and nice pool.
Property is a bit dated but good enough.
Reception was awful and miserable woman who gave no assistance as we would not get a full credit for breakfast due to our early flight. Our breakfasts were prepaid at additional cost. After calling a a manager this was professionally and happily resolved.
However you must pre book your car from home. Dollar rental at the hotel tried to charge us about $200 a day for a car and we heard you can rent cars at the airport for $100, however you will have to pay another $40 in taxis to get there. There is a shortage of cars in Kauai and all the car rental companies are "gauging and ripping off" naive tourists. Further guest services at the hotel do not have any printed rates for cars and appear to work on inside commissions to gauge you on high daily car rates. They scribble down prices on paper without telling you the full costs of insurance, taxes, etc - very disconcerting. Avoid all this and lock your in your car cheaply in advance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu