This was a horrible hotel. They charge a $30.00 a day fee plus tax for stuff you'll never use and services they do not provide. We put the sign on our bed to have the bedding changed and they never changed it (we stayed for 6 days for our honeymoon!), they say they leave two waters a day complimentary for their guests, we only saw that half the time we stayed. When we first arrived, we mentioned we were on our honeymoon and when we got to our room it was 2 double beds! We went and complained and were told that we were outside of our category (whatever that means) but that they would "help us out this one time" and give us a king bed, even though that is what we reserved!
The pools were all cold and not heated and the garden pool was dirty.
Our toilet in our room ran about every hour or so, so we had to sleep with the bathroom door closed or it would wake us up in the middle of the night.
One of my biggest complaints is that the book of information they leave in the room for you is inaccurate. It stated that the Lava restaurant opened at 10:30 but when we went down for brunch, we were never greeted or asked for our order and when my husband went up to find out what was going on, a waiter told him that they don't open until 11. My husband looked at his phone and said, my phone says it's 11:01 and walked back to my table to collect me where we promptly left and did not return.
If that wasn't the worst service I ever had, I would like to note that the staff at the front desk at the Sheraton was completely rude as well. They made it seem like an inconvenience to help us. They also insisted on charging an additional $50.00 a day to my debit card because it was debit and not credit. I am still waiting for that money to be released.
The last night was simply the worst and we were ready to go home and never come back to the Sheraton. We had not one, but three cockroaches come through the bathroom vent. Completely disgusting. I've stayed at 2 star hotels and never experienced cockroaches in my room, let alone a supposed 4 star hotel.
I would not ever stay here or ever recommend the Sheraton hotel in Kauai. Don't stay here. Take your $30 a day fee and spend it on a room at the Marriott down the street. Their beach is way better for snorkeling anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu