Very good location on the beach and somewhat secluded at the end of the road. Overall the room was nice, after all this is not billed as luxury hotel. The king rooms have a little more space, which you lose with the double bed rooms. Only a small bench to sit on in the room (double) no other chairs so you either sit on the beds or on the balcony (not a bad choice).
The staff was very accommodating as our first room (king) had a connecting door (pet peeve) and they moved us to another room (double) that was more to our liking.
They have a 'shuttle' on request if you would like to be dropped off or picked up at a restaurant or bar near the hotel. Really consists of an SUV that they will have one of the staff drive you to your destination and you call for them to pick you up. There is no schedule and it's all first come first serve. We had no problems using the shuttle for happy hours (so we could both drink). I would recommend the bell desk give you an idea when they would be ready to take you as it depends on how busy the staff is. Primarily they just say, 'it will be a little while'. If they would just say it should be 10-15 minutes at most I'd be fine with that, but the way they say it you don't know if you will be sitting there for 30 minutes (we only sat there for 10 minutes at most as the car was there just needed a driver). It's a good service, especially if you don't want to drink and drive.
Which leads to the curious bar situation. Lava is open 11-5, Rum Fire is open at 5:30 so oddly no coverage for 30 minutes. Besides that they have no 'happy hour' which caused us to look elsewhere for happy hours. If they had had something for happy hour we would have stayed on property instead of leaving.
Besides the beach, the property is conveniently located near Kukui'ula Village Shopping Center (a little more than a mile) and Poipu Shopping Village (around 1/2 mile), which gives you easy access to some stores, restaurants and a high end grocer. Koloa is only 3 miles away for some additional shops and restaurants.
IMO you come here if you want to get away from the more commercialized parts of Kauai (Lihue and Kapaa) but still want something near by (as opposed to Princeville). Considering that it's roughly 50 miles to Princeville on the top side and 30 miles to Barking Sands on the West side you are not too far from anything you might want to do on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu