My husband and I are here for our honeymoon and stayed in one of the garden view rooms. Honestly, many reviews said to not stay in the Garden View rooms and enjoy the ocean, but to be honest, you can walk 1 minute and enjoy the view. In fact, the rooms don't have screens so you can't have the doors open to enjoy falling asleep to the sound of the waves. The Sheraton is a 5-10 minute walk on the beach to the MAIN beach Poipu, but the Sheraton has their own beach which is just as nice (just as good for snorkeling) without all of the people and crowds with gorgeous bathrooms, food service, and drinks steps away. Gorgeous place to enjoy a sunset. The Rum Fire restaurant is not as well known it seems b/c its not too busy, but those views are to die for. Even if you go for breakfast and enjoy some eggs, bacon and potatoes its worth the view. If you want to rent snorkel gear its $15 from Sheraton, $10 form Marriot and $7 at the place next door so its clearly overpriced for the same quality equipment. The concierge was BEYOND helpful. Candy, our rep was amazing and very helpful. We sought her out each time we had questions. There are shopping and food plazas (both cheap and expensive) less than 1 mile away. Its in a great location on the island and the views and pools are amazing. Even in the garden rooms the furniture and fixtures are nice, you can tell its Sheraton quality. Parking was great and once again, you can't beat the location. Typical comfortable bed and amenities. We did not give a five star b/c of pricey food and because of the noise that you can hear between adjoining rooms. Did this ruin our stay no? Is this probably typical at any hotel in this area made of cement? yes! We got a great deal via AAA and are for sure paying hundreds less than others so well worth every single penny! This hotel is great for couples, families, and work. Really, not too many kids around, but if you have a family you'd be welcomed. You get a free coupon for one free Mai Tai and we got a complimentary bottle of champagne when we mentioned our honeymoon (in advance). Beautiful gardens and land on site.
What do I want you to hear...many of these reviews dis garden rooms and to be honest they are not bad and I don't know what people are expecting- its a great resort and the talk around town when you say you are staying at the Sheraton people know you are staying in comfort. ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu