2,502 results
All reviewsrum fireocean wingocean frontgarden poollava restaurantlavashspg memberthe linkthe main hoteloceanfront roombeach sidepoipu beachkauai resortbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeour honeymoonhospitality room
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I really felt at home in the hotel and quite liked the fact that we were located over the road from the main hotel-the pool was quiet and we barely saw anyone else. The complimentary Mai tai blew my hair back, and a dip in the ocean first thing was the perfect wake up. Staff were friendly and the room was perfect.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were in the building 7, across the main building which was ok as a location. But our room was one of the rooms that is connected to adjacent room by the door, so we could hear everything through this door. If we don't turn the tv on, we can hear all the conversations, sneezing, flushing toilet, etc. in the morning, housekeeper came and vacuum the floor there and that woke me up. Not the pleasant way to wake up on vacation...I expected better room from Sheraton... Last time I stayed here, I had ocean view suite, so this was definitely disappointment. Initially the refrige was making loud noise, so we called the front desk. The lady said they will send someone over, but no one came for an hour and half. So we finally called again to ask someone over, the guy who came over to fix the refrige was very professional. He said noise may be gone for now, but it might come back later ( which was exactly what I didn't want), so he will just bring the other one. Hotel seemed very understaffed, we often had to wait in valet, they were friendly, but it was often hard to get the service right away. When we found out that we could have stayed in nearby 4.5 star hotel for $10 more a night, we so wish we stayed there rather than at this hotel. I will never stay here again. And I wouldn't recommend it to my friend and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Yurih13
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Firstly, I would like to thank you for staying with us and the Sheraton Kauai Resort. Also, I would like to apologize on behalf of the resort for the challenges that you faced during you stay Specifically your issues with the noise from the connecting room and the refrigerator. We are looking into possible solutions for the connecting doors and how we can minimize the noise coming from the other rooms.

Though at times we fail to provide the level of service we desire for our guests, it is only through feedback that we can correct issues and grow as a property.

I hope that you will visit again and allow us to make up for the lapse in service.

Mahalo,
Kevin Vessel
Director of Property Operations

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt a few minutes away last year and regretted not staying there again this year. They are around the same price range and overall, I enjoyed my stay and service at the Hyatt a lot more.

The best thing about Sheraton was the beach. It is great for swimming and enjoying the beach. The Hyatt beach had more rocks and less lounging area. Also, sherTon has nice computers to use with free Internet, Hyatt charged for Internet by minute.

For the cost of staying at the Sheraton, it did not live up to my expectations.
- ants on bathroom floor and small bugs all over wood furniture. I repeadly told the cleaning lady. She sprayed and cleaned really well, later in the night, they returned!! This happened 3 nights in a row ( my last nights).
- annoying to get beach towels. You must give then a key/pass each time. You also need to use room key to get into pool bathrooms. Lots of nice chairs and sodas around pool, for extra money of course!
-rooms and bathrooms not as updated and pretty as Hyatt.
- breakfast buffet is great, of you don't mind about $25 per person. I suggest the little cafe. I got a large breakfast sandwich at a decent price.
- overall, we felt more pampered and friendlier service at Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Travel8808

Aloha Travel8808,

It is with great appreciation that we read the review of your recent stay at Sheraton Kauai Resort. Comments like yours help us to improve our services to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. We were pleased that you enjoyed the resort’s great location and our public facilities, and we apologize that you were inconvenienced at our pool. As you mentioned, the resort is in a prime location on Poipu Beach, and the keys are in place to ensure our pool services are exclusively for the use of our valued guests. Further, we were very disappointed to read of your negative experience in regards to the challenges you faced with your room. We would like to take this opportunity to further investigate – may we please ask you to reach out to us so we can ensure this problem has been resolved? We thank you for your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Elaine Leung
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We went to Maui first and then to Kauai. This was the best idea. Maui has a lot going on, which was nice for the first part of our trip. By day 6 we felt like relaxing and Kauai is the perfect spot for that! The Sheraton was absolutely wonderful. The views are breathtaking and the atmosphere is simply perfect for for an ending to a romantice honeymoon. Poipu beach has soft white sand and aqua water! The staff at the hotel were always in good spirits and even remembered our names. The staff at Rum Fire restaurant couldn't be any more friendly, offering great traveling advice for first timers to Hawaii. The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is there are a lot of children in the pool, splashing, screaming and yelling and there is no adult pool. This was not that big of a deal for my husband and I since we spent most of our time on the amazing beach!

Room Tip: Stay in the Ocean tower if you want quiet and relaxation. It is the farthest from the pool and you get a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sclapapa
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is one of the finest hotels I have stayed in. The people were charming and helpful in anyway possible. This includes the front desk, the maids, and anyone on the grounds. All were friendly and nice. The place is beautiful, right on the beach. One can go to sleep or wake up to the waves on the shore right outside your balcony. My only letdown was that the breakfast was not included. Years ago, I visited Hawaii and in both hotels, the breakfast was included. This one is a little expensive. For the overall price, I believe that including the breakfast would be a nice part of the experience. And don't forget the stunning sunset each evening from the back on the hotel!

Room Tip: Go ahead and the a room fronting the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple