Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
$425
$389
Hotels.com
$349
$329
Autograph
Kiahuna Plantation Resort(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$189
$493
$479
Hyatt.com
Aston at Poipu Kai(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$206
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

The Point at Poipu(Poipu)(Great Value!)
$370
$269
Travelocity
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $326/night.

$721
$699
Marriott
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
2,464 results
All reviewsrum fireocean wingocean frontgarden poollava restaurantlavashspg memberthe linkthe main hoteloceanfront roombeach sidepoipu beachkauai resortbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeour honeymoonhospitality room
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for 5 nights during our recent honeymoon. We loved the lobby and received fun shell necklaces upon our arrival. We also receieved a bottle of champagne which was a lovely surprise. Our room was upgraded to a partial ocean view and was very nice, just wha we needed. We stayed across a small street which I was weary of at first but it was lovely and it didn't make a difference for us.
The staff was wonderful. They were helpful with planning activities and showing us where to eat. We had a problem one night with a noisy neighbor and it was taken care of immediately.
Since we were on our honeymoon we were a bit dismayed at the nimber of children at the hotel and the lack of anyone at the hotel telling them to stop jumping in the hot tub, throwing water, and being very noisy. Other than the kids the pool area and beach are amazing. There was always some available beach chairs and we were excited to redeem our free maitai coupons.
I would recommended stopping at the Big Save in Koloa for snacks and water because the prices are high at the resort.
We'd stay again when we bring a family back:)

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed August 25, 2012

At 3:00AM on 8/24/12, we were startled awake by a loud alert advising us to evacuate due to an emergency. Upon arrival at the lobby we were told by other guests that it was a false alarm. No official announcement was made. Again at 5:00AM the alarm sounded briefly. There was never an all clear. The next morning every member of the staff including the manager claimed to be unaware of the situation and could be less concerned. No explanation was ever given nor compensation offered by the hotel not even an apology.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view or ocean front. Much nicer than the garden rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine A
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Better than you can imagine, worth every $ you pay for... we have visited Maui, Kauai & Oahu .. for some reason this resort is stuck deep in our memories.... Amazing sunset location...great view from the room.... great beach... It offers everything you look for in a dream Hawaii Vacation!

The staff is extremly polite and friendly.. helped us plan our stay in Kauai (Luau / Helicopter tour)... we were happy with the quality of service ...amazing beachfront.... PERFECT by all means!! We visited in Jan 2011!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the Sunset View!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NeeVas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Kauai for 5 nights in mid-August. After reading many trip advisor reviews, I was a bit concerned about the quality of the room and possible construction. We did not need to be concerned.

We stayed in a Garden Room on the 3rd level. The room, while it showed its age a little, was spacious and easily accommodated 2 in the style you would expect from quality hotel accommodation. Most importantly the king size bed was very comfortable and included good pillows (a must in my opinion).

Their location at Poipu is fabulous - the beach area offers a good combination of quality ocean swimming (the water was very clean, the perfect temperature and safe while still having some good swells). If prefer chlorine over salt the pool, bar and usual resort style environment is adjacent. There are sufficient sub chairs for both pool and sea. I personally recommend the beach and it seems the locals also agreed - one afternoon a Hawaiian monk seal saw up and placed itself on the beach to sun itself for hours and right in front of the beach dwellers, it was a wonderful experience!

Staff were always friendly and restaurants were usual Sheraton style. If you are like us and find these eating environments a bit sterile and too similar. I recommend going to Kukui`ula Village, which has a wide array of eateries ranging from simple and inexpensive to more extensive menus with commensurate prices. I personally recommend you try Living Foods Market (includes a great fresh breakfast menu) and the Tortilla Republic (go upstairs). The village is an easy 15 minute (about 1km) walk from the Sheraton. Alternatively go the other way and try the Poipu Shopping Village, which also offers a range of eating venues including a well stocked but higher priced marketplace.

The only real issues we had with the Sheraton were minor (and in one case not really an issue for the hotel): the wi-fi reception was pretty poor from inside the room so we always had to go onto the balcony to get a decent reception (given the Sheraton automatically charge everybody a reasonably high surcharge for this service I would have expected better), and secondly if you are like us and did not rent a car, getting vendors of the many outdoor activities to come to the hotel is very hard and expensive - although I reckon this would be the same any where on this beautiful and very attractive island. Overall I strongly suggest you spend time in Kauai - you won't forget it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GandM_Travels
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently spent 7 nights at the Sheraton Kauai resort. The beachfront amenities are wonderful. The pool is nice, with great towel service. The beach is incomparably perfect... just 20 steps from the property, with golden sand bottom and great temperatures. The staff were really friendly and quite helpful, from the concierge to the cleaning staff, to the excellent bartender at RumFire (Benjie).

However, I was overwhelmed by their zeal to zap you for another $40 every time you turn around. The onsite dining was overpriced (walk to the north end of the beach and eat better food at the nicer Koa Kea resort for better prices, especially at lunchtime). The coffee shop charged $4.50 for a drip coffee. The resort fee is $25, and while they offer all sorts of classes, I didn't find the value worth the cost.

I had no car for the first three days and this was fine. It's reasonable walking to all sorts of dining, shopping, beaching, and more. However, if I was going to pay their full listed price for this property, I'd consider going down the street to Koa Kea, which is much more intimate and much more classy.

Finally, I was traveling solo and found that the crowd here tended to be "resort" which also means "couples" or "honeymooners" or "elderly people from New Jersey." Again, I think a more boutique hotel would have provided better opportunities to meet and mingle.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo