“Wonderful spa!”
Review of Anara Spa

Anara Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest spa on Kauai, Anara Spa blends Hawaiian traditions with the enigmatic and soothing powers of nature to create the ultimate in relaxation. The open-air environment maximizes Kauai’s exceptional climate. Relax pool side, enjoy steam sauna and whirlpools before a treatment. Experienced therapists offer massage, body and facial treatments in private rooms or hale (thatched-roof huts) each opening to its own tropical garden. Full service salon features everything for your hair and nail needs. Weekly and monthly passes are available for fitness center and fitness class access. With open-air elegance and new features Anara Spa provides a Hawaiian spa experience like no other.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We recently spent a week at The Hyatt and my husband booked a facial, massage and hair treatment on my birthday. The spa prices are much higher than nice resorts we've visited and less amenities included. The gym area in spa was nice although the Pilates instructor did not show to teach a class I attended. The pineapple lychee water was so delish and the cold towels were a delight after a steam.The spa services I received made up for a lack of co ed area and spa amenities we've enjoyed elsewhere.
Crystal did a fantastic heavy tissue 60 minute massage and came highly recommended by other guests. Layola gave me the best hydrating facial Ive ever had for my birthday night out! She absolutely went above and beyond and she's a must if you visit the Kauai area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The massage I received was absolutely fantastic. I got an 80 minute lomi lomi and the masseuse also added hot stones. I was butter by the end of it.

The facilities, however, were not so great. For the price, I expected a gold treatment, all the way around, but that was not my experience. Instead, I found that neither of the hot tubs by the lap pool were working. This prevented my wife and I from hitting the jacuzzi together before and after our treatments. This was a bit disappointing because that was one thing we had actually planned on doing as part of the spa experience.

The other thing that was lacking a bit was the service. By coincidence, I stepped into the mens locker area at nearly the same time as another gentleman. The attendant, I believe, took this as an opportunity to do the "tour" of the facilities as a group, which I found to be horribly awkward. I've been in many spas before, and have never had this happen.

After I changed and went into the waiting area to wait for my treatment, the attendant and another (secondary/backup) attendant were in the waiting area, too. Rather then just chatting quietly and keeping their conversation to a minimum, one guy was going on about what he had for lunch and how it made him nauseous. That really wasn't what I wanted or expected to hear while I was paying to relax.

Additionally, later, when I couldn't find the skin lotion (I later learned it was not at the sink, but on a different countertop elsewhere within the mens room), the primary was nowhere to be found. After a few minutes, I did find the secondary attendant, but he didn't know the answer to my question and also had to wait for the primary attendant to return and show him.

I also recall that there were no hair brushes, only combs. I'm a brush guy, and even though I don't love all the throwaway products that are typically in higher-end spas, for rare times that I do visit them, I expect these types of things to be there, especially when I'm paying top dollar.

One other thing that was a bit of an issue was the location of the spa. It takes a good 5+ minutes of walking from the lobby to get there. This is most likely typically not a problem for most people, but when we went, my wife had left her swimsuit in our car, which was had been valeted. So, hoofing it back-and-forth to and from the lobby, plus a quick trip with a valet out to our car, cost me nearly 15 minutes of precious pre-treatment time.

In the interest of ending this review on a good note, I'd like to point out two really awesome features of the spa. First, much of the spa is indoor/outdoor. So, whether you're in the mens waiting area, or out by the lap pool, you can see the sky, feel the breeze, and maybe even the rain. This greatly adds to the experience. The other great feature was the lava rock shower. This also was sans roof and, on the day I was there, I could see puffy white clouds and patches of blue sky when I looked up while showering. That was way cool.

All in all, even with the hiccups mentioned above, this was a good experience. The massage was just so incredible, and the facilities, for the most part, were top notch. It's hard to think that I wouldn't go back if I were in Kauai again.

1  Thank Steve_In_Tucson
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Myself and two girlfriends spent an extremely relaxing day here. We got the tropical pedicures and they were great, then you get to use the facilities all day which was delightful! We arrived in the morning and virtually had the place to ourselves. As the day progressed it got busier but it was still very relaxing. We ordered lunch poolside and enjoyed the spas, pool, outdoor showers and steam room. Very worth the money if you can spend the day there!

1  Thank seattlesuzanna
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Spa while staying on property. Had a massage and was lucky to get an outdoor cabana. Private, 3-sided cabana. You could hear the ocean, birds, water feature.

1  Thank susan b
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a GREAT massage at the Hyatt Anara Spa from Ty (Tyrone). Request him. I had an 80 minute very relaxing perfect massage. The facility is great. It was VERY hot in the waiting area but the temperature in my room for my massage was great. Friendly staff!