“Fabulous!”
Review of Anara Spa

Anara Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest spa on Kauai, Anara Spa blends Hawaiian traditions with the enigmatic and soothing powers of nature to create the ultimate in relaxation. The open-air environment maximizes Kauai’s exceptional climate. Relax pool side, enjoy steam sauna and whirlpools before a treatment. Experienced therapists offer massage, body and facial treatments in private rooms or hale (thatched-roof huts) each opening to its own tropical garden. Full service salon features everything for your hair and nail needs. Weekly and monthly passes are available for fitness center and fitness class access. With open-air elegance and new features Anara Spa provides a Hawaiian spa experience like no other.
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Spa while staying on property. Had a massage and was lucky to get an outdoor cabana. Private, 3-sided cabana. You could hear the ocean, birds, water feature.

1  Thank susan b
"tropical breeze"
"chilled towels"
"spa visit"

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a GREAT massage at the Hyatt Anara Spa from Ty (Tyrone). Request him. I had an 80 minute very relaxing perfect massage. The facility is great. It was VERY hot in the waiting area but the temperature in my room for my massage was great. Friendly staff!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my life. Be warned, it's expensive. My partner and I did the couples retreat. It took the better part of four hours to complete. It started by changing into robes and sandals and sitting in a completely open pitched roof cabana where we enjoyed the beautiful greenery around us, snacked on dried mango and coconut, drank water, and relaxed before our attendant came to get us. We are two men and nobody batted an eye that we were there for the Lovers Retreat.

Our attendant came and ushered us into a private outdoor area and instructed us how to use apply the exfoliating scrub to one another under a giant outdoor shower, followed up with a nourishing mud treatment. it was wonderful.

Next she put some salts and lotion into a beautiful outdoor bathtub that sits in the shade of some palm trees and we soaked for about 30 minutes. Now we were squeaky clean and my skin was softer than I think it's ever been.

We then went in for our hour long massages. The massage was thorough and pretty good. Not the best I've had but definitely not the worst. It was relaxing to just sit in the beautiful cabanas surrounded by tall palms and flowers.

After the massage we went in for our facials. At this point I feel asleep. It was so relaxing!! Lots of lotions and creams and more massaging. I had what the attendant called Spa-Ghetti by the time I was done.

The staff is super friendly and the environment is chill. Very quiet. They do have a clothing optional section so beware if this makes you uncomfortable. For us it was perfect and you are so relaxed you don't even notice there are other people around you. It's like being enveloped in a soft pink bubble of Hawaiian flavored cotton candy.

2  Thank bonileo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had an wonderful couples massage first thing in the morning. I regularly get massages due to a shoulder injury and can say the massage therapists was one of the best I have had. The couples treatment room in the middle of the garden was beautiful as well as all the facilities. The only downside is towards the end of our treatment someone started hosing off the pathway outside the treatment space!

The amenities are outstanding. Juices, coffees, teas, and fresh fruit, and the option to order fresh food are available. Both the men and women's side have wet and dry saunas, hot tubs, and lava showers. The women's side has shaving cream and razors, hair brushes, sunblock, lotion, hair gel and hair spray. There is a joint area with hot tub and saline lap pool as well.

The spa staff is friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back and next time will add a few more treatments. The value is really outstanding and the treatments are top notch. You can easily make this your own semi-private retreat by springing for a for treatments over your stay and relaxing in their lounge chairs.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a couples massage on our honeymoon. We went a few hours early because with purchase of a service, you can use the amenities for the full day. I'm glad we did! I even would have gone earlier. There is a lap pool, two jacuzzis, and an area with snacks, water and coffee. Plus the men's and women's locker rooms each have their own jacuzzis, lava showers, saunas and steamrooms. The massage was wonderful. It was in an outdoor hut with a ceiling fan to keep it cool. The relaxation area where they take you to before and after your massage is beautiful and incredibly relaxing. They really pay attention to detail here. Expensive but worth it. Make sure to ask about honeymoon discounts and other promotions they have going on. We ended up getting ours for 20% off.