“Best Spa on Kauai. Period.”
Review of Anara Spa

Anara Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest spa on Kauai, Anara Spa blends Hawaiian traditions with the enigmatic and soothing powers of nature to create the ultimate in relaxation. The open-air environment maximizes Kauai’s exceptional climate. Relax pool side, enjoy steam sauna and whirlpools before a treatment. Experienced therapists offer massage, body and facial treatments in private rooms or hale (thatched-roof huts) each opening to its own tropical garden. Full service salon features everything for your hair and nail needs. Weekly and monthly passes are available for fitness center and fitness class access. With open-air elegance and new features Anara Spa provides a Hawaiian spa experience like no other.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have visited Anara spa many times over the years during my visits to Kauai, including my honeymoon. The spa services are second to none, and IMHO it is worth a visit for the open air lava rock shower alone. There is no ceiling anywhere in the community areas except the dressing area/locker rooms, so you can appreciate being in the tropical ocean oasis that is Kauai. Bring a swimsuit so you can enjoy a dip in the co-ed pool or just lay poolside and look at the amazing cloud formations overhead. There are separate steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs and lounge areas for men and women. If you have not experienced a lomi lomi massage yet, this is the place to try it. Their Cocomango products are an addiction for the senses (you can buy there but also via their website). One warning, they have new(er) bungalows where most of the Journey/couples treatments take place. I took a tour and while they look inviting my aesthetician let me know that because they are in the open air, the mosquitoes can be ruthless. She said she spends a lot of time doing mosquito patrol during her treatments with clients. Unless it is raining I think I will always opt for a treatment room during my future visits. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank BusyMom73

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was so excited to have a great spa experience while staying at the Hyatt. I was wary of the prices, but decided it would be nice to stay on property and make an afternoon out of it. Upon arriving at the spa, I was instantly dissapointed in the facilities. Maybe I have seen too many amazing spas (having grown up in Vail, CO) but this one didn't even seem to be even remotely impressive. The treatment rooms have open doors, which seems like a nice idea, but when you hear constant yelling and talking and children and trucks backing up outside your room, it defeats the point. My massage was not enjoyable at all. The masseuse worked too fast, which made it just seem like she was rubbing lotion all over me, not making it relaxing at all. After I was done, the staff member checking me out didn't even ask how my experience was. !!!
For around $200 for the massage and gratuity this was the worst experience I have had at a spa. The facilities were sub par, the noise, the massage, the whole thing.
I was so upset about my experience that I spoke to the front desk, and they were very helpful and accommodating, and gave me half off the price. I would only expect so much.
If you get your own hale, or private cabana with a private open air lava rock shower, maybe it's more worth it, but if you're a getting standard service, it's not.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had time to kill as our plane left at 10 pm and we had to be out of our unit by 11 am. What to do,what to do???
Decided to get a couples massage at the Grand hyatt hotel.
Wonderful idea. My massage therapist was Christi and she seemed very experienced.
She found all the "spots" and increased the pressure slowly and would ask if I needed more or less pressure. Very peaceful. No one passed by the area in the gardens where we had the massage. All we heard was the gentle sway of palm trees and some relaxing "zen" type music :).
Best thing was being allowed to stay til closure (8pm) so we swam in the warm lap pool, ate a late lunch/ early dinner( great food served to us poolside)
Had a jacuzzi, showered in the lava rock showers. Everyone very pleasant. Only 10 people at the highest count, out by the pool where we lounged. Very restful. Would highly recommend spending a day this way whether it is your last day and you are waiting for your late plane arrival, or not.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a couples massage. It was expensive, but you pay for the experience. I definitely recommend giving yourself extra time before and/or after the massage to enjoy the extra amenities at the spa, like the hot tubs, pool, steam room, and sauna.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The spa area you can actually use is VERY small. Very limited food menu at the SMALL enclosed pool area. If massage is in the garden hale, it's beautiful but not for $300. Employees are walking around on the sidewalks near the hales, rolling noisy carts filled with towels. You cannot use the pool areas along the beach or in front of the hotel. We were told by spa staff we could use the pool area. When we arrived at the pools we were asked to leave. Humiliating. The massage I rec'd was "average". Not worth the money at all. Find a local practioner for massage. Beautiful grounds and nice shower/locker area.

1  Thank Susan M