“a very good massage and facial”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anara Spa

Anara Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest spa on Kauai, Anara Spa blends Hawaiian traditions with the enigmatic and soothing powers of nature to create the ultimate in relaxation. The open-air environment maximizes Kauai’s exceptional climate. Relax pool side, enjoy steam sauna and whirlpools before a treatment. Experienced therapists offer massage, body and facial treatments in private rooms or hale (thatched-roof huts) each opening to its own tropical garden. Full service salon features everything for your hair and nail needs. Weekly and monthly passes are available for fitness center and fitness class access. With open-air elegance and new features Anara Spa provides a Hawaiian spa experience like no other.
Washington DC
227 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“a very good massage and facial”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited the Anara Spa for a lomi lomi massage and a facial. My facial and massage were great, the spa itself is pretty nice but didn't quite compare to the brochure. I'd also gotten the impression that most of the treatments are in the outdoor open air hales but this is not the case (I think those must be only for couples treatments). Given that it was quite pricey I'd suggest saving your money and going for a great massage when you get home (I find flying fairly stressful and wish I'd saved the treat of a massage until I got back so I'd have something to look forward to)

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We loved the spa here. It was smooth and relaxing. We got a couples treatment in a beautiful outside room that really made everything relaxing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Facial!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have the 80-minute facial and I loved it! The aesthetician explained the treatment and products at the beginning of the treatment and then just let me relax during the facial. No talking which was just what I wanted! Not only do you get a facial, but you also get a hand and foot masque and massage. It was perfect for my tired feet following the Kauai half-marathon. Also as part of the marathon we got a spa discount so I really appreciated that!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank CD154913
Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sp"a"ctacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

At the encouragement of a friend, my husband (not a "spa" kind of guy) and I scheduled massages and facials at Anara Spa. We LOVED it. I have "spa'd" with my girlfriends, but this was the first time my husband had ever agreed to something like this. The spa is lovely, the people are wonderful and my husband, who has a very stressful job and carries his stress in his shoulders and back, considers his therapist a miracle worker.
We enjoyed the wet sauna, lounging and reading by the pool, the chilled watermelon water, and the delightful macaroons in the hale.
While we were disappointed they no longer accepted Spa Finder gift certificates, we decided to enjoy their services anyway - and are extremely grateful we did.
We will be back.

1 Thank MidwestSnowbird
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful body scrub experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Had an incredible 60 minute scrub/massage experience with Jenny combined with the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and lava shower. Beautiful setting, kind staff. Definitely pricey but not crazy - worth the pampering.