“Cute & Cozy”
Review of The Kauai Inn

The Kauai Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My husband and I had such a great stay at the Kauai Inn. With no reservations and a late night arrival we were accomodated nicely. Our room was cute & cozy. Every one was friendly. We stayed 1 night and In the morning we had some fresh fruit & muffins that was served. The coffee was really good. Our main reason to visit Kauai was to hike the Napali Coast. Which We recommend as a most do. We camped for 5 beautiful nights. Then went straight back to the Kauai Inn for a relaxing couple of day's before catching a flight home.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Kauai Inn

Reviewed June 11, 2009

Upon arriving at The Kauain Inn my traveling partner and I felt immediatley at home and relaxed. Our room was really comfortable and plush. Jamie M. (owner/opperator) and staff made sure we had everything we needed, she helped us with our travel plans and helped us get to where we needed to be. Sit and enjoy the family run relaxed environment, and feel at home (friendy attention lovin pups included)!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Just a brief note to say how much everyone enjoyed the ukulele workshop given in March by three Hawaiian master musicians. The musicians (George Kahumoku Jr., Dennis Kamakahi and Richard Hoopii) gathered on the lawns of the Inn, to share their rich and diverse talent in the arts. Young and old participated in this once in a lifetime experience that most will never forget. As the late, great comedian, Mr. Bob Hope would say: Thanks, for the memories...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Me and my husband spent a week there in March. I loved the garden and the flowers, our bed was really comfy and the owner was extremely kind but I was a little disappointed with some things. First of all, you can hear everybody who is close to your room. We had a family with children staying next to or above(?) us and it wasn't that great listening to them running around. Luckily we just basically slept there, but I guess if you are into hotels and want to spend a lot of time inside, it's not the place to go. The idea of having fruit for breakfast is good but there were 1-2 days when it wasn't fresh.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed her for one day while we were waiting for a late-night flight back to Seattle. The rooms were small but immaculately clean and well-maintained, very comfortable, and even conveniently had a small fridge and microwave. The location was lovely and very quiet, with beautiful views of the mountains and the river. The staff was more than friendly and helpful. There was free high-speed internet, although it was spotty unless you were standing in the bathroom with the laptop! Overall, it was a great value and a good experience!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarabic
Reviewed January 17, 2008

Stayed here during Christmas week for 2 nights due to a misunderstanding re: our condo. Not easy to find a place that doesn't require a week's stay during the holidays! The Kauai Inn was pleasant, very close to Kalapaki beach/Duke's/etc and convenient to the airport. Area is OK though you may wonder after driving past the harbor, etc. - no worries. Lots of Aloha spirit and the rooms were fine. I wouldn't necessarily book here if you are looking for the ultimate Kauai vacation on the beach, but for other purposes, it fits the bill just fine with good rates and excellent people.

Regarding the air conditioning comment.....I hate a/c so it was fine with me to go without. December is cool enough, anyway!

Mahalo for a great visit.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank swami12
Reviewed November 23, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights. We stayed in the 300 building which had a great view of the mountain. The room was roomy and comfortable. They serve coffee with some English muffins in the morning 8 till about 9:30 which was perfect for us cause we like to stay in.
They have internet wireless for free!!! Thank God . I cant live with out my computer at hand. They do have a computer to use in the office as well which my daughter was on pretty much all morning.

Great staff.

The cons: You need to rent a car for this island. There are so much to see. & Leaving Today

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#3 of 11 in Kapaa
Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club

Been to The Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!