The Kauai Inn
  • Beachfront
$379
$329
  • Beachfront
Garden Island Inn Hotel(Lihue)
$185
$103
  • Restaurant
$394
$349
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$195
$189
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscontinental breakfastfresh fruitthe breakfast areamicrowave and fridgereasonable ratesclean roomspineappleceiling fansmall poolevery morningclose to the airportair conditionerone night staynawiliwili harborrestaurants and shoppingmountain viewlaundry room
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We were welcomed by a cat named Jezebelle, and on arrival knew we would be in good hands. The staff was very helpful and friendly. And the kitty cat welcoming committee was a treat. I chose this hotel after reading other Trip Advisor Reviews and looking at the website. It was pretty much as described.

The grounds are beautiful and the location is unique. It is away from the hussle of town, but not on a beach if that is what is important to you. It is the type of place that is best if you have a car rental, but then so is the island of Kauai.

The one downside is that not all the rooms have phones, and ours did not. We did not bring a cell phone from Canada, so it was a bit of an inconvenience. We did get a nice new TV though. We did not try the breakfast, we either ate out or in our rooms (mini fridge).

Room Tip: The hotel is 2 stories and if you don't want to do stairs with your luggage, ask for a main floor room if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Queen_0f_Hearts
Reviewed March 30, 2012

First, they stayed open more than two hours late to accomodate our arrival! When we arrived in the room, we found a VERY clean, updated room with beautiful hard wood floors and a large TV. The bed was very comfortable with soft sheets. When we woke in the morning, we found we had a lovely view out our very own sliding glass door. The shower was super clean, not a hint of mildew, with great water pressure. Breakfast was convenient and just enough to get our day started on this wonderful island. I would highly recommend the Kauai Inn...I am very impressed with what we got for a very small price!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amynohop
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We decided to stay here the night before we were to leave because of all the rains in March 2012. We were in Princeville and the bridges were closed several times and we were afraid that we might not be able to make it to the airport should the bridges be closed. We were very glad we did. Check in was easy and it is very centrally located. You do need a car if you stay here. It is not exactly next to the shopping area, but close enough. Our room was big and clean. It was very quiet at night. Not a rooster to be heard. We were told that all the rains must have quieted them down a bit. the breakfast in the morning was plentiful and fresh. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the second floor. I always prefer the second floor since you don't know if you could here the footsteps of the first floor should you be staying there. Good construction. Could not hear the neighbors at all.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed a full week at the Kauai Inn, and I really enjoyed my stay there. The Inn is located in a residential and rather secluded neighborhood situated quite close to the harbor in Lihue. The directions to the Inn on its website were very helpful in finding the property.

My first impression of the Kauai Inn was its quiet presence against a marvelous backdrop of lush green mountains. Many palm trees and a wide assortment of colorful flowers and tropical plants filled the well-landscaped premises, which was very clean and well maintained.

Sandy, the manager, greeted me as I entered her small office to check in, which began at 3:00 pm and was efficient. After registering both my car and myself, she gave me clear directions to my room on the second floor of the two-story complex.

And what a wonderful room! I had a king-size bed, a elegant night table with a large lamp, a six-drawer dresser topped by a wide flat-screen color television set with cable and remote control, a medium-sized table with two matching upholstered chairs and floor lamp, a small microwave oven, a three-foot tall stainless steel mini-fridge, and a nice closet with a sliding mirror door; the closet contained an ample amount of clothes hangers. The room was decorated with several very attractive paintings.

Not only was my room fully air-conditioned, it also had a ceiling fan which I used most often – set on “low” because air-conditioning usually was not necessary.

The bathroom had the usual commode, sink, bathtub and shower. Ample bath towels, smaller towels and washcloths were provided as well as the usual amenities of soap, shampoo and body lotion.

The entire bedroom and bathroom were spotless.

The Kauai Inn has a small outdoor swimming pool that is surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Outside the inn office are a vending machine and an ice machine. Complimentary WiFi was available but only near the lobby and breakfast areas.

A self-serve breakfast was included in the price: an assortment of various tropical fruits, cold cereal, many kinds of pastries, butter and jam, plus tea and coffee.

The entire staff of the Kauai Inn was friendly and hospitable throughout my stay -- from the manager to the grounds keepers to the room cleaners.

I heartily recommend this excellent and well-priced accommodation. I thought it was a true “find” in the tropics, and I will definitely return here one day.

Room Tip: I felt a room on the second floor would be quieter than one on the ground floor because I wouldn't here people walking/talking below my room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Cyclopath43
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night passing through Lihue on our way from Koke'e park to the North Shore. This inn is good for a short stay before or after your flight or if you're visiting Kauai on a budget, but this is not a resort-style getaway place.

Our room was clean and generally well-maintained, although decor could use some updating (goodbye carpets and bedspreads), and the fake plants should be eliminated as they were quite dusty. Bathroom was a good size.

The front desk was nice; guest laundry is great. We skipped breakfast, so no opinion there. Wifi is only available in the front desk area.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple