“Perfect location”
Review of Castle Kaha Lani

Castle Kaha Lani
Reviewed March 4, 2014

There were many things we liked about Kaha Lani but location was prime. Close to the beach, close to Lydgate Beach Park, far from the road so very quiet and peaceful, close to shops and restaurants, just an hour to Princeville one way and Waimea the other. Perfect! We were in unit 110 - ground floor - and it was excellent. Everything we needed, beautifully cleaned every 3 days, lovely view over the gardens and ocean, could park right outside the front door which made it easy to carry suitcases and groceries in. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. All-in-all we were absolutely delighted with our stay.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed having a ground floor unit - easy to carry things in and out from the car. Lovely...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MartinVictoriaBC

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was our first time to Kauai and it was amazing. The condo that my husband and I stayed in as well as the one my parents staying in were fantastic. We started off with one that was kind of dull and drab and didn't have a view of the ocean but asked to be moved. We were moved to one on the bottom floor but it was great. Not a great view of the ocean but my parents were on the 3rd level and their view was amazing! The condos were very clean except for the fridge in my parents. That definitely needs to be replaced. We loved every minute except for the darn chickens and roosters! lol The location is great, close to town and convenient to go anywhere. At Castle Kana Lani it is perfect for those who like to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank dianne2229
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Castle Kaha Lani resort in December of 2013. There were 15 people in our party. We rented 5 condo units, all beautiful. The condos were immaculately cleaned and very well maintained and modern with all the necessities to make our stay comfortable. The view from our rooms was amazing. All units overlook the beautiful pool which overlooks the beach. The grounds and landscaping are what you would expect Hawaii to be. very tropical. Being surrounded by the municipal park made the location very secluded and quiet, yet convenient to town and grocery stores. We used the gas grills by the pool every day which was very nice. Thank you for the discount card attached to our room key, which really helped at the grocery store when buying food for 15. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at Kaha Lani and from driving around the island and looking at other places I think we got the best deal around. If I ever go back I would definitely stay there again. very relaxing, friendly staff, quiet,

Room Tip: no a/c needed but recommend second floor for view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dorothy P
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Fabulous ocean view units - beautifully tended gardens; friendly and responsive staff. Ideal location -stunning sunrises, unsurpassed beach walk to the right with the next resort a 30 minute walk away, and paved walk to Lydgate Park and it's lifeguarded beach and stone enclosed for children and beginning snorkelers.

This is our sixth visit. Units 303 and 304 are lovely with updated kitchens and lots of cooking utensils, fine views over pool (lit at night with tiki torches) and ocean. Both units have large covered balconies and pleasant furnishings. Some need for upgrading of salt damaged trim around smaller windows and other metal bits but this is minor.

We bring work here so WiFi access makes a huge difference and office staff have happily held books we've ordered for our arrival. We have accomplished much research and writing with a delightful breaks just outside the door.
Last year our preschool granddaughters were thrilled with their first visit as were their parents.

An added advantage this year is that completion of the walking/biking path past Wailua Bay makes possible a pleasant walk to the farmers' market at Coconut Grove for local produce and/or a visit to the wonderful bakery enroute.

Top floor units with an ocean view are the best choice for reasons others have already mentioned.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The setting is gorgeous. Management very courteous and helpful. Unfortunately the room leaves a bit to be desired in 2 ways.
1. The room badly needs an update. Old tired inexpensive (cheap?) cane furniture with thin cushions that constantly slip so one needs to frequently readjust. Kitchen appliances, cupboards, dishes and cutlery all 1960.
2. There is no air conditioning and the unit relies on the sea breezes for comfort. But our bedroom, with louvres, is directly above the bedroom of the below unit meaning we can hear everything they whisper and they can hear us!
Bed very comfortable.
The surrounds make up for some of this but overall the unit badly needs an update.

Room Tip: I am told each unit is privately owned and prices vary. Suggest pay more for a more updated unit. BY...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gordon P
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Be careful if you ever want to book a vacation in Hawaii at Castle Resorts. I booked paid for and requested an ocean front condo seven months before the trip, this was a special surprise for my wife's 75th birthday. When I arrived I was assigned an ocean view room at the rear of the development. The reason I booked at this resort was the photos on their webpage, which had no resemblance to the condo I was assigned.

The outdoor furniture on the patio was rickety, no cushions, some type of metal with half the paint peeled off, there was no ocean view from this condo unless you stepped out on the patio.
During the 7 months I sent two requests to Castle Resorts to provide some basic food needs for our arrival. Although they list this as an add-on on their web site, I never received a response and the kitchen was bare when we arrived.

Neither Castle Resorts or Flight Centre(my booking agent) will accept any responsibility for the mistake. Instead we wasted an entire day of our vacation trying to secure a better condo, to no avail. I will never book with Castle Resorts or Flight Centre again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have written confirmation of your reservation with the condo you are being assigned to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RW_20132014
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights before we moved to our vacation timeshare. Although the Kaha Lani is a timeshare, they do rent it out on a nightly basis through expedia.

This resort is set in a very quiet spot. You don't hear traffic, and there were not a lot of people around. Our plane from LAX was 6 hours late, and the security guard waited for us until 1am to check us in (I had called from LAX as soon as I knew we'd be arriving late). Waking up in the morning to a beautiful view from our condo was amazing!

The condo itself was great! 2 bedroom, upstairs downstairs unit, located on the second floor of the building, steps from the ocean. The unit was clean, and somewhat up to date. Kitchen was well stocked with cooking utensils. We used the pool just once, and the BBQ at the pool, and the laundry once.

Since we booked through expedia and not the resort, we werent able to get housekeeping services. However, they do allow you to trade in your outdoor towels once per day (there were six in our unit). Also, there was not any A/C in this unit, but there were ceiling fans in every room, as well as a couple of stand up fans.

Room Tip: This isn't a resort in the sense that they don't have 'activities'...but who needs t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NancyK93444
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#10 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa Landing Resort
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay

Been to Castle Kaha Lani? Share your experiences!