“Excellent and worth every penny!”

Wings Over Kauai Air Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent and worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I were in Kauai for our 20th anniversary and as a former pilot I wanted to see the island from the air. I researched all the helicopter tour companies and some sounded interesting, however we decided to try Wings Over Kauai as they appeared to offer a more personal touch, we were not disappointed! Ellen and Bruce were so welcoming and unhurried they put us at ease immediately. I had asked for the tour in the 4 seater Cessna172 instead of the 6 seater Airvan, as I used to fly the Cessna. Bruce (who pilots either aircraft for the tour) took us up and showed us Kauai as I'm sure we would never have seen it in a helicopter. He took the time to explain every detail of the flight with a running and often humorous commentary on all we were seeing, and took the time to answer any and all questions we had. It was a fantastic tour and one we will always remember with much fondness.
I'm sure some of the heli tours can be exciting, if you don't mind paying twice the price, and perhaps give you an adrenalin rush, but they want you in and out quickly to maximize their profit and will never take the time that Wings Over Kauai did to make the flight personal and something special you will always cherish. Thanks Bruce!!

1 Thank phrzzy

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
milpitas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you only pay for one tour in Kauai, this is it!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Bruce, Ellen and Maron (sorry hon if I spelled it wrong) were absolutely wonderful! My fiancee and I were in Kauai for only 4 days and planned only to lounge at the beaches every day. But at the last minute, we decided to book a flight tour. We came across Wings in a tour mag and called Ellen right before she closed the office. She was able to get us a morning tour the very next day.. and even better, the price was much cheaper than helis, and we got more air time than helis too. I'm in my 6th month of pregnancy so was a bit worried about having to ride in a tiny little 4-seater plane but she assured me it would be completely safe. Next morning we drove out and met Maron - she is a doll! She talked us thru the logistics before we got to meet Ellen and Bruce who were the sweetest couple. When we finally saw the plane.... boy was I scared. Its a tiny tiny plane. But! the takeoff, landing and the entire ride was sooo smooth. Better than flying 747s. Bruce has 20+ yrs experience flying so you really are in safe hands. The sites from the sky are amazing - you cannot see this stuff from land or water so this is the only way to go. Well worth every penny for the ride itself, but for the experience and meeting such great people, I would've paid much more!!! Give Ellen a call, you won't regret it ... and tell them Heather & Andy said Alohhhhha!

1 Thank hcarpio
Chicago
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Took the tour earlier this month with Bruce. Great experience and definitely worth the money. Our flight was with one other couple-(they only took four of us so that we could all sit on the side of the airplane with the best views). The weather was a little cloudy, so they gave us the option of rescheduling, which was nice. We went anyway and it was great. The staff was excellent. As a pilot myself, I was very impressed with Bruce and his attention to detail. He is very knowledgeable and gives a great deal of info. during the flight (but not too much so that you can't enjoy it). I think it's the only activity we did in Hawaii where we didn't have to prepay. They actually take you on your word, which is rare these days. I would recommend this over a helicopter tour any day of the week! I

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrific Fixed Wing Experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We really enjoyed the comfort and visibility for everyone in our flight, and we are each 6'2"!. Ellen runs operations, and she picked us up and dropped us off at a very convenient location. They run like clockwork. Bruce is an extremely capable, knowledgable and safe pilot. His narration is intelligent and interesting, not chatty.

Lake Stevens, Wa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Glad we decided to do it!”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My husband and I wanted to do a helicopter ride but I was very nervous about getting motion sickness, so I kept changing my mind on whether or not to go ahead with it. I started looking at other options and found "Wings Over Kauai". After reading about them on their website, and all of the great reviews we decided that this would be a better option, and it was only about half the cost. From when we first arrived I felt completely at ease and was very excited about our trip. It was the most beautiful and breathtaking experience that I can remember and the time just flew by. Thanks again to Ellen and Bruce.

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!