“A must-do for all Kauai trips!”

Wings Over Kauai Air Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-do for all Kauai trips!”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My new husband and I were in Kauai for the second half of our honeymoon. My one thing that I had to do was go on an air-tour of the Island. Honestly what initially drew me to Wings Over Kauai was the price...most helicopter trips were almost $250 per person! I called up this co and Ellen was so sweet and helpful, the instant I talked to her I told my husband that I really felt comfortable & that we weren't going to regret going with them (being a tourist you never really know what you are paying for). When we arrived we felt so welcomed and at ease. I even got presents from them! The ride was amazing! Smooth, wonderful views, comfy seats, and we could all talk to eachother on our awesome headsets (Bruce did a good job on buying top of the line headsets!)

Bruce was a great guide. He gave us tons of history & info we didn't know from the typical 'tourist' books we read, which made the flight even more enjoyable for us. We shared stories (and tons of jokes) the whole way.

Another plus to consider...if you or another person in your party are afraid of flying, this is the plane to take! My husband is terribly afraid to fly (you practically have to knock him out to get him on a plane!) But Bruce handled the flight so smooth and was always checking to make sure my husband was ok and feeling alright. That little touch meant so much.

In the end, I can't say enough about this company. They really made our vacation. I said that the price is what drew me in, but honestly after the service we got, I would have paid 3x the amount they charge to get such a wonderful experience again!!! Mahalo Bruce & Ellen!

1 Thank sarahben09

Victoria, BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2009

My husband and I chose Wings Over Kauai (WOK) because we wanted to see the island in a way that was affordable, economical and fun. When we discovered that flying with WOK was less than half the cost of going the helicopter route, our minds were made up.

WOK is run by a family of the nicest people on Kauai. Bruce, our pilot, was warm, friendly, funny and informative. His background in agronomics gives him keen insight into Kauai's flora and fauna. During the flight, we had on Bose noise-reduction headphones and got to listen to a wonderful selection of Hawaiian music that Bruce had compiled.

The flight itself was smooth and exhilarating. We saw four pods of humback whales as well as the entire island, including many famous spots such as the waterfall in Jurassic Park, the Waimea Canyon, the breathtaking Na Pali coastline and Mt. Waialeale.

We loved our flight and would definitely recommend flying with WOK to anyone interested seeing the island from above in a comfortable, relaxed and personal setting.

Tiffany & Ian Beliveau
January 2009

Salt Lake City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow. This was fun!”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I have been to Hawaii approx 40-50 times and flying with Wings Over Kauai rates in my top 5 of fun things I have ever done in Hawaii.Flying with Bruce was a blast and dealing with Ellen was painless.When I called Ellen for information, you could tell she had the true "Aloha Spirit". When I informed her that I was a private pilot and asked if I could do the flying she said that would not be a problem, as Bruce is a FAA certified flight instructor. Bruce was extremely safety oriented and has a wealth of knowlege about Kauai. His aircraft is in great shape, has Bose noise cancelling headsets, and is a pleasure to fly.
I have previously taken 3 helicopter tours on Kauai. Flying with Wings Over Kauai takes you basically everywhere the helicopters go at half the cost. I highly recommend Wings Over Kauai. Thanks Bruce and Ellen, it was really fun.We will be back.
Al and Eric

Kelowna, BC.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2009

WOW!!! What am amazing experience. It was such a treat meeting Bruce and Ellen. They were so kind, welcoming, and relaxing to be around. We could have spent all day with both of them. We were so fortunate to have a clear day that we could see for miles. The hills were so green and the waters were so blue. We will never forget our flight. It was a longer flight than helicopter and WAY cheaper. We recommend Wings Over Kauai to EVERYONE!!!

1 Thank Ramele
San Diego, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great for those of us who get queezy”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We found this attraction on Trip Advisor and were happy we did. Bruce and Ellen are very genuine, warm people. Both my daughter and I tend to get car-sick quite easily, which made us reluctant to do a helicopter trip. Bruce is an awesome pilot, though, and even on the landing, where I could feel the pull of the wind, it ended up being extremely smooth. The price can't be beat.
Now, if you're looking to get "into" the canyons, etc, then this is not the trip for you. But, if you want an excellent look around the island, with just the right amount of background information, then this is the tour for you.

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!