“Wings over kauai”

and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles
“Wings over kauai”
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This was a great experience. Like others, we were considering to do the helicopter or the plane tour for our trip. Having done a helicopter tour before, I was a bit worried about the plane going too fast or not having good views. Actually, I think the plane was better than the helicopter -- you move at a nice clip but not too fast, Bruce circles particularly good spots which is great, you go across the whole island, and I enjoyed the views better (while it's nice to be right next to the scenery in the helicopter, it doesn't make for great pictures). The other thing that's nice about the plane is that you can open the passenger side window to take photos without glass distortions (fyi the wing and wing strut can obscure wide-angle pictures looking forward, but it works out pretty well for side/backwards pictures, and Bruce will tilt the plane to help). Overall a fantastic experience we would highly recommend.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Flight- Tour in Kauai”
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We took the Grand Circle Istand flight yesterday in Kauai with Wings Over Kauai. It was the highlight of our vacation so far. They use a single engine plane which seats four including the pilot. We were a little apprehensive in the beginning when booked the tour but the owner- pilot, Bruce, put us at ease from the very beginning. He and his wife run a very professional operation and are pleasure to talk and deal with.

Bruce treated us as if we his best customer ever in which I'm sure he does with all. They where not in a rush to get us in and out like most of the helicopters companies do. Safety was foremost and they spent plenty of time preparing you for the flight. The flight was spectacular from the smoothness of it to the scenery itself. I don't think I've ever seen more beautiful scenery than Kauai from the air. Bruce narrated during the whole flight. No only did he demonstrate his vass knowledge of the island and it's eco-system, but he took the time to point perfect photo opportunities and even turned the plane to make sure you had an opportunity to capture the best shots.

During the flight, I was allowed to open the window to even get better shots. The photos were undescribeable and will be great screensavers.

The best part of all is that the price of the tour is less than half of a comparable helicopter tour. We have taken helicopter tours in Kauai before, but they were pale in comparison to Bruce's service.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering a helicopter flight. You'll be amazed by how much more you will see and by the expertise as well as professionalism demonstrated by Bruce and his wife.

Ron Brannon
Orland, Park, Illinois

Ft. Lauderdale
“Hands Down the Best Way to See Kauai”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I agree with all the positive comments made by others so far and will add the perspective of those cruising on NCL's 7-day Hawaiian cruise. We booked our tour with Wings online before arriving in Kauai, and it couldn't have been easier. Ellen emailed us detailed directions to their plane and it is just up the road from the ship and easy to find (by car though, not walking distance...I think Bruce and Ellen will also pick you up if you need a ride).

The plane ride itself is amazing, with Bruce pointing out lots of fun details and with views you just do not get from the ground. I must say, I expected a slightly larger plane and had a moment of hesitation when I first saw the plane because it's a small Cessna with only four seats (one for pilot plus three passengers). But, I relaxed right away because Bruce is a great pilot and we had no bumps and no turbulence - just amazing views and a wonderful trip. Bruce has the latest Bose headphones which are really great at keeping out white noise. All you hear are his tour-related remarks and nice Hawaiian tunes in the background.

Bruce and Ellen provide wonderful, personalized service with lots of little extra touches. This was the last activity my husband and I did on our Hawaiian vacation and this was a great way to end our stay in Hawaii...also definitely the best way to get acquiainted with Kauai.

Mahalo, Ellen and Bruce!

P.S. - the plane ride is about half the cost of a helicopter tour.

Huntsville
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I wasn't sure at first if flying over Kauai was for me, but with encouragement from my friend Sheila I signed up. It turned out to be one of the best things I did on the Island...after hiking, and visiting much on the ground it was truly great to see it all from a different perspective in the air. Bruce is a seasoned pilot that make you feel very safe, and does a great job in narrating the overall experience with his extensive knowledge. If I only had one word to describe the experience....awesome.

Dan
Huntsville, Alabama

Milano
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“a must to do on Kauai”
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I wanted to make a present for my husband's birthday and I decided to book a flight with Wings Over Kauai.
It was a great idea and both my husband and I are enthusiastic about it.
Bruce and Ellen were very professional and explained us a lot of things; Bruce was wonderful, he gave us a lot of information and details during our flight which we enjoyed thoroughly.
The price is very competitive for a 60 minutes flight and I would recommend it to everyone, also to people who might be afraid of being sick on small planes (I am one of those and I hadn't any problem at all).
Wonderful experience.

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!