Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Wings Over Kauai Air Tour tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Wings Over Kauai Air Tour
from $140.00
More Info
from $155.00
More Info
2,440 results
All reviews wings air tour captain bruce plane ride half the price napali coast co pilot seat beautiful island highlight of our trip waimea canyon smooth ride great pilot great trip our honeymoon the entire island motion sickness amazing experience
Reviewed 2 days ago

We visited all four Hawaiian islands via a cruise ship but this flight with Marcus was the highlight of our trip. We debated on the helicopter version but so glad we decided on this option. The prices were better and we felt like we were able to see just as much. The views were amazing and the entire staff was so wonderful to work with. They made you feel very welcome and put everyone at ease. Marcus was a wonderful tour guide up in the air describing everything we saw on land. The scenery was incredible and will be a memory we will take with us forever. My husband by chance got to sit in the copilot's seat and he was in heaven. Seating placement is based on the weight of each passenger (no worries for you females because they don't disclose your weight when you hop on the scales) so he just happened to be the lucky winner of that seat. Would highly recommend this adventure because both me and my husband thought this was the best thing we did while we were in Hawaii.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We chose to do a Wings Over Kauai tour over a helicopter tour because it was quite a bit cheaper, and we have no regrets. Yes, the helicopters can get a bit closer and can hover, but I felt we still saw everything they did. It was absolutely amazing and we were below the clouds the whole time so you could see everything. A great option for seeing the Napali coast during be rough winter months. Our pilot Marcus was great and recited facts about the island as we flew over it which really brought the experience to life. This was my husbands favourite part of the whole trip. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 days ago

What a wonderful way to see the island! We took the private 2-person tour on the Cessna and were treated like family. Capt. Bruce (he’s also Dr. Bruce, a retired research scientist!) and Val were very professional and took good care of us. We were unsure of this morning’s trip as the weather forecast was not looking good. Rain and clouds were about to roll in when we got to the airport. Val greeted us cheerfully, checked us in and went through the safety briefing with us thoroughly. I immediately knew that they took safety seriously. We then waited as we were early for our scheduled departure. It started to rain shortly thereafter and Bruce then called us into the office and showed us the big rain clouds over the Lihue & Hanalei area on the computer. He was very honest and told us that we will likely not have clear views over some areas. So he gave us a choice to reschedule, a refund or to go ahead with the tour (assuring us it was safe to do so). What an honest and professional business! We decided to go ahead and was prepared for a less than stellar experience. Boy, were we wrong! While it was cloudy, the sights were still wonderful as Bruce expertly navigated through the clouds and showed us the spectacular Na Pali Coast and the breathtaking Waimea Canyon. We had to turn around at Hanalei due to the storm clouds (again safety first!) while some other operators decided to go through the area. I knew this as I could hear all the chatter over the radio. A couple others did turn around and followed Bruce’s lead. He must be well respected by the flying community! We made it back to Lihue airport safely with full of wonderful memories. Thank you Bruce for your wonderful sense of humor and knowledge about the island. I enjoyed being your “co-pilot”!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our air tour of the island with Wings Over Kauai. We'd seen Waimea Canyon from the ground the day before; it was so nice to see it from the air. We also saw our hotel, the biggest coffee plantation in Hawaii, the Na Pali coast, and the beautiful azure Pacific. The views were absolutely amazing; a different perspective than anything you'll see from the ground. Doug (our pilot) did a great job pointing out highlights. We will definitely recommend this tour to any friends who visit Kauai.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks to Doug and his team for this extremely special experience. We got so lccky with the weather and flew through all the gorgeous valleys, from Hanapepe to Waimea, Napali and Hanalei coast and canyons. It was fantastic!
Best thing to do in Kauai!!!

1  Thank Franciie
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our pilot, Doug, gave us a wonderful tour. He was very knowledgeable of the area and made sure we had a great experience. I would recommend them highly.
KY family

This was a great day!
The combination of a sightseeing and instructional flight is perfect. You get to fly the plane and see the island. Bruce did the radios, pointed out where to fly to and also provided commentary for all the beautiful sights.
Be sure to choose the right hand seat for a change, the views are much better.

1  Thank MaartenVWM
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing experience, Marcus, our pilot, and Val were great. For those who are scared to fly on a small plane, It's better than a jumbo plane, take off and landing very, very smooth.
The scenery is breathtaking. Na Pali coast is a must must see when visiting Kauai, and the only way to understand the scale of this natural wonder is to see it from the air.
Guys, Thanks for the one-hour unforgettable experience.

1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this tour after our catamaran trip was cancelled due to rough seas (we are here late October), and I am an extremely nervous flyer. Let me tell you, firstly, the service was excellent. The staff really cared that I was nervous and took every opportunity to make me comfortable, I so appreciated that. As soon as we took off however - I had forgotten my nerves. Holy wow.... Kaua'i, what a treasure. Marcus was our guide, he was very knowledgeable and made us feel at home and comfortable straight away. For those wanting to take images of Na Pali- I recommend you book the private tour - either on the cessna, or book out the entire air-van. I can imagine if I was seated on the opposite side of the air-van, I wouldn't have had the unforgettable experience I had - we were lucky that the others booked in our tour did not show, and we had the air-van to ourselves. From the beginning of the flight to the end, the scenery was like another world. From lush green, untouched growth and waterfalls to the stunning Waimea Canyon, to the 5000ft vertical peaks of Na Pali and inner Kaua'i landscape beyond, it is truly a life changing experience to see. When we landed, I wanted to get back in and do it again, and to top it all off, our amazing pilot played music from Skyrim when we entered the Na Pali area - LIFE MADE! Don't hesitate, just book in!!!

2  Thank marie_donnell
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had such fun! Marcus was an excellent pilot and a wealth of knowledge. The view from the plane is astounding. 10/10 would recommend!