“The Best!”

and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 32 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Okay, so you already expect the scenery is going go be gorgeous from any aircraft, from any company. Wow, it did not disappoint! Breathtaking! What impressed us, though, was that every detail, every perfect touch, was put into Wings over Kauai"s tour that they took us on. From how very friendly they were , pictures they took and emailed to us that same day, water and ginger candy pieces on the plane in case anyone needed it to the complimentary CD with our picture on the front! They were informative and showed us so much in the air. I think what impressed me the most, as a mom of an 11 year old, was that they were very discreet when they showed us the obligatory way to get out of the plane if needed and where life preserves were.. It was a very quick, light, and tactful conversation that did not raise our daughter's anxiousness a bit. I appreciated that! From beginning to end, it couldn't have been more perfect! We weren't sure how much to tip, but I had read 10 to 15 percent. Doublecheck that before you go. They are worth it!

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband is 6'4 and weighs a bit over 270 (just a big guy) and we struggled to find a helicopter that wouldn't charge us for an extra seat for him. I can understand if they were doing it for safety reasons, but when we asked the reason cited was for "his comfort". We have taken a helicopter tour/ride before in Fiji and his size was not an issue , so were a bit annoyed at the extra seat charge. Then we called Wings over Kauai and were thankful we didn't do a helicopter ride anyway. The small plane was awesome! We had Josh as our pilot and he gave us a great tour of the island. You really have to see the island from the air before you leave. It gives you an an entirely different view of the beauty of Kauai. We are a bit jealous of the job that these pilots get to do..it must be a dream come true to be in the air everyday looking at this amazing island. Truly great customer service...and extremely inexpensive! We highly recommend this company for your flight over Kauai.

U.K.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I did this trip as part of a cruise.
This company was easy to deal with as well as being efficient in responding to my e-mails.
They picked us up at the A.B.C. store at the Anchor Mall in Nawillwili. Our trip was on the 7th May.
Our pilot was Josh, very knowlegable and informative.
It was 65mins of amazing views and everchanging breathaking scenery. Even though we had radio mikes I found it hard to utter a word. I was struck dumb by what I was seeing.
Presented with a D.V.D. of the trip afterwards and we plan to sit down and watch it tonight now we are back in the U.K.
This is well run operation, efficient, friendly and proffesional.
Highly reccommended,
AuroraUK

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic views and customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Today my husband and I took the 9:30 AM flight with Capt. Paul. We saw incredible and amazing views of the canyons, towns, plantations, & the coastline of the Kauai island. Not only was Paul very knowledgeable about the island but he was able to answer all of our inquisitive questions plus show us hidden gems of this island. The customer service we received from both Sherry and Paul was superb we definitely would take another flight with Wings Over Kauai again!

Fort Worth, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Perfect, if not for the mixup.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our flight with Cap'n Josh. He was a very nice guy, and great guide. We Had nice weather and the flight was relaxing and informative. The music that played on the Bose headphones was synchronized to the view with music from Jurassic Park to Raiders of the lost Arch. Josh answered all of our questions and knew lots about the island.
The negative was that we were given the wrong day for our reservation and they transcribed our phone # wrong. We called on the way to say we were stuck in traffic in kapaa [be sure to use the bypass around kapaa every time you are traveling south] and was told that a mistake was made and that they couldn't contact us to reschedule. We rescheduled and was given 20 percent off. We didn't get too mad because they were very honest about the mistake and it is just hard to stay made in paradise. That said, we would do this tour again, but make sure to do it online.

Visited May 2013

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!