“The view was awesome!”

and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seattle, Washington
“The view was awesome!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really enjoyed the flight. The view was fantastic and Bruce is a great pilot/ island guide. We ended up on the smaller plane where my boyfriend and I were the only passengers. The price was the same as for the bigger plane. I would definitely recommend Wings Over Kauai.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Brilliant trip - a must do !!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

First time in a small plane but wow! what an experience. Very friendly service right from the emails with Ellen that arranged the trip, through the free pick up and drop off service from and to the dockside (thanks again Ellen) to the reception from Bruce, Dori and Josh (not forgetting Millie). The flight was all we wished for and more. Magnificent scenery and expert pilot and commentary from Josh. this must be the best way to see all that Kauai has to offer. AND at the end of the flight we were given a free DVD of the flight highlights plus two photos taken by Dori before the flight were emailed to us. Excellent service from a company that really cares about its customers.
Highly recommended.

New Westminster, Canada
“Highly Recommend!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a fabulous experience. Josh and Dori were welcoming and friendly and were focused on meeting our needs. In the air, Josh was an informative and entertaining pilot. We learned a lot about the island while viewing the amazing scenery. We would highly recommend Wings Over Kauai.

Redondo Beach, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wings Over Kauai - Book it for sure!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Soaring over the island of Kauai with my boyfriend and Bruce, owner/pilot of Wing's Over Kauai, totally made my day.

We hit the jack pot -- we were the only ones who signed up for the 2:30 p. m. slot, so Bruce was our very own private tour guide.

Bruce took us up in his 4 seater Cessna. I've never ridden in such a small plane, but Bruce made us feel comfortable right off the bat.

We were up in the air before we knew it. What really impressed me about Bruce was his confidence and his concern for safety. There happened to be another tour company flying at the same time as we were and that pilot flew dangerously close to the Na Pali Coast mountains. Bruce made a comment that he would not do that, and that made me feel so much better.

There is nothing like the colors that you see on the island from the air. You can see why Kauai is called the Garden Isle. The hills and valleys were a vibrant green and the ocean shimmered a lovely turquoise. The Na Pali coast and Waimea Canyon was a sight to see, it was beautiful.

What was really fun was seeing those sights we had driven to on previous days. For us, Hanalei Beach was one of them. There's no mistaking Hanalei Bay with the half moon stretch of beach. Bruce pointed out many more pristine beaches to us that we will visit for sure the next time we are on Kauai.

Bruce was the best. So informative, so funny (he told some corny jokes too) and so endearing.

By the way, I have taken the helicopter tour before (about 10 years ago), but I enjoyed the Wings Over Kauai flight much better. The first reason is I got a little nauseous on the helicopter due to their quick maneuvers. I didn't get sick at all with the plane ride with Bruce. The second reason is the helicopter tour boasts about taking you closer to the action, but to me I'd rather fly with someone like Bruce who is concerned about the safety of his passengers.

If you get the chance, do take the flight with Wings Over Kauai. It made for a memorable end to our vacation.

A. Nakamura and M. Harris

Portland, Oregon
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Incredible Way to See the Whole Kauai”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We love this air charter tour company and have taken their tours several times while on Kauai. Most of Kauai is not viewable because of the terrain, so seeing the island by air is a must at least once while on the island. Wings Over Kauai offers a comfortable air tour of the entire island with spectacular views of the most popular and breathtaking sites the island has to offer, including: waterfalls, coastlines, Waimea Canyon, the inner island, sugar plantations, resort areas, and open sea.

On our last trip, we were thrilled to see several pods of whales swimming in the open sea from the air. Incredible! Throughout the ride, you'll hear about the island (including some history) from the friendly pilot through noise-cancelling headphones. The plane is small, carrying only about 8 passengers and they are always on time with their flights. Be aware that harsh weather will sometimes interrupt the tours, so it's a good idea to call ahead if the weather looks ominous. The flight leaves from the Lihue airport - very easy to find their hanger, just past the main terminal.

The plane tours offer a much more affordable way to see the island, as opposed to the helicopter ventures. Wings Over Kauai also gifts you with a lovely DVD as a thank you gift for taking their flight. My spouse and I will be watching our videos (both theirs and those that we took in flight) many times to remember this special trip. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!