“Don't Miss It”

and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I took the flight on the Wings Over Kauai in March 2013. It was wonderful. One of those experiences that is sometimes difficut to see it all because of the tears in the eyes from how beautiful everything is. I did a lot of research before we took our trip. Hawaii has been a dream of mine all my life and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a thing. I would have to say out of our 2 1/2 weeks on three of the islands, this was the best of the best. My husband and I have never been in a plane that small and were a little nervous, but it was an extremely smooth and comfortable flight. Josh is an excellent pilot and shared a lot of information. Unless you see the views from the air, you won't see them. When we saw whales he flew in that direction so we could get a good view. Bruce and Ellen are so kind and everything was so well organized. There was also a special gift, but I won't ruin the surprise. If I am ever blessed again to go to Hawaii, I will definitely take this amazing flight again. Thank you Ellen, Bruce and Josh for the ride of lifetime.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

when my husband booked this i was very apprehensive.Small planes...high mountains. but the moment we met the staff @ WOK i felt safe and comfortable.
I was sitting next to Bruce, our pilot and owner he gave me the honorary position of co-pilot and we did the preflight check list while we put my husband in the back in charge of photography.
The flight was smooth, comfortable and just the right amount of time to see the "garden island".
We also enjoyed Bruce's sense of humor and his knowledge of the island.
I recommend this to be at the TOP of your things to do when you visit Kauai.we have done the helicopter thing in Maui years ago. and they just don't compair. Book it!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We just got back a 14 day Hawaii cruise to and around the islands onboard the Golden Princess. When we started to plan our Hawaiian Cruise, I looked on Trip-Advisor for highly recommended Island Tours. I found "Wings Over Kauai Tours" (WOK) and immediately determined this was for us. The major selling points were: 1. Window Seats Only! 2. The flight was 23% longer than helicopter! 3. Great Prices! We don't know if the tour could have been better! It was simply outstanding! The sights that we saw were simply fantastic views. After seeing the Napa coastal area, I realized that it was better than I ever thought it would be! I know, you have heard this before, but my wife stated after the flight, that she wanted to go again! Our pilot was so knowledgeable about Kauai that there wasn't a question that he couldn't answer. WOW is hardly exciting enough to exclaim our feelings!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

On April 19 we took a flight with Bruce in his smallest plane. Neither one of us had ever been in such a small one before. Bruce and his team were so nice both on the phone and in person. They made us feel quite relaxed. It was a little cloudy so there was a small delay taking off, but once in the air it was clear and beautiful. If you want to see Kauai from the air, it's definitely worth it. We took a long time deciding between a helicopter and a plane, but having read the reviews on TA we decided this would be the one. Thanks again, TripAdvisor, for sending us to the right place.
Loved it!

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from our trip to Hawaii where we did the 7 day cruise around the islands on the Pride of America. The highlight of our trip was the flight over Kauai. Kauai is called the garden island for good reasons. Seeing Waimai Canyon from the air was beautiful and what I thought was going to be the highlight of out flight. But after seeing the Napa area I realized i realized that it is even prettier than Waimai Canyon. Plus the waterfalls we saw from the air were wonderful. Another big plus is the excusion is much cheaper than a helichopter especially for someone over 250 pounds which the helichopter charge a 50% premium for. There is no premium for large people charged by the air plane. Many of the sights we saw could only be viewed from the air. This was the best excusion of our trip.

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!