“A very worthwhile experience and incredible memories.”

Wings Over Kauai Air Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
Kauai Deluxe Sightseeing Flight
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brisbane, Australia
“A very worthwhile experience and incredible memories.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

From the time of booking to completion of tour this company provided outstanding personalized service. We were made to feel "special" prior to viewing the most incredible sights of the island. The 'grand canyon of the pacific' provided a tapestry of color and texture experienced with the same sense of awe as with the grand canyon of USA. but this canyon provided more beauty. Our pilot supplied a great deal of information about the island including the Napali coast. Josh was very well informed and addressed all individual questions with the knowledge and skill of a professional guide.We recommend purchasing the optional DVD of your individual flight recording commentry and also cabin views together with the views you individually experienced.
We toured in March took our cameras and now have some wonderful photos, from the Australian manufactured plane, together with a wonderful DVD.
In summary this company is very close to providing perfection in their total product assisted by the very competent and approachable staff. We recommend Wings over Kauai for anyone wishing to see this incredible island.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dingwall, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Brilliant trip and great team”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We had booked for a flight earlier in the week and when we turned up they said that with cloud cover we'd miss 1/3 of what they normally can see so they gave us a full refund and we booked for another morning. Today we were luckier and despite it raining at our hotel and us thinking the flight would be cancelled, we were thrilled to find that it was on and our visibility was great.

The team that work for the company are all so friendly and helpful. Given all the different options of companies that you can go up in the air with, we think we definitely made the right choice. You have Bose earphones so you can hear the pilot and hear/speak to each other. They had very cleverly timed the background music to movie themes of the sites we were seeing, such as Jurrasic Park, Indiana Jones, the Descendents etc. I started to not feel too good, as I do suffer from travel sickness (even when I drove the car up to Waimea Canyon I started to feel sick, so I am a lightweight) but they had ginger candy onboard and that helped, plus they had a micro cloth that had been soaked in water and then frozen and that really helped.

I have done a helicopter ride before and was terrified, but I felt much safer in the plane and would recommend for those who know they don't like helicopters.

Definitely worth every penny...or cent I should say in US.

Prescott, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent bird's eye view of the island”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We decided to take the fixed wing airplane tour instead of the helicopter because it just seemed a bit safer to me. When we were getting on the plane, a helicopter took off & just watching him lift and swoop away made my stomach flip. I knew we made the right decision. The pilot followed the shoreline and pointed out all the sights. We flew up Waimea Canyon and along the Na Pali Coast. The big treat was when he then headed inland and there were waterfalls everywhere you looked. It was amazing! This was in an area you can't get to by foot. We felt totally safe & well cared for & would recommend this trip to anyone going to Kauail

Visited February 2013
1 Thank hipinessal
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fly by Kauai experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This review is for the Grand Deluxe tour with Kauai by Air. The tour covers most of the standard spots in Kauai including Jurassic Falls, Napali, Waimea Canyon, etc.

Experience (5/5) - The experience was amazing at every customer touch-point. Our initial conversation during the data gathering and reservation was candid, honest and direct without any high-pressure sales. This is followed by the first in-person conversation where they Bruce and Ellen warmly invited us into their office to collect additional information and address other flying logistics, rather than dealing with the customer at the counter. They are also well prepared with some interesting reading materials while the customers wait for the plane logistics to work out. The actual flying experience is amazing as well. Bruce is a very good pilot and guide who immerses you in the overall flying experience. He's extremely knowledgeable and beyond pointing the standard spots he understands Kauai's vegetation very well (he used to be an agro-scientist before). Finally, at exit they awarded us with a CD that had one of their tours on a bright & sunny day.

Pricing (5/5) - Fly by Kauai has one price, that is honored any way you contact them. This makes shopping far more easier. While doing our research, we came across groups that would change the price depending on the discount coupon/magazine you're holding.

Ethics (5/5) - I felt it was important to highlight this category because I've read nightmare experiences across some other reviews across their competition in Helicopter and Air. The case in point is where the second group did not show up due to a scheduling error. Bruce came by to tell us that they will need to change planes because the # of passengers had reduced. Unfortunately, their smaller plane did not have enough fuel and since it would take more time to refuel the plane they took us flying in the original larger plane, at the expense of their profit. A lesser group would have delayed the trip or made us wait longer till the smaller plane was refueled.

One other aspect I want to highlight is for people that get motion sick easily. I am one of those who feels nausea after an hour long boat ride. Given that, an Airplane ride is a safer choice rather than a helicopter ride as they tend to change altitude much more rapidly. So for all of you who get motion sick easily, I would recommend that you go for a plane tour. Note that this does not guarantee that you will not get motion sick, but it reduces the possibility.

1 Thank JBhuta
Vancouver
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Perfection, as we all know, is tough to come by in any endeavor. But Wings over Kauai came as close as we've been in a long while when we took their tour on March 16th. Right from first contact and in every respect, this company performed brilliantly. Ellen answered my emails (and dumb questions) quickly, handled our reservation with great efficiency, picked us up at the ABC store right on time and delivered us back to our ship. Dori in the office was a delight to deal with and Millie the mascot greeted us with joy. The flight was everything we expected and more, including empathetic handling of my restricted mobility and fascinating commentary by pilot Josh.

We've taken literally hundreds of tours and excursions over many years of travel and can honestly say we've never taken a better one than this. Why anyone would choose to pay double or more for a helicopter tour when this one is so good is beyond me. Yes, I sound like a fan because the people running Wings made me one. If you or anyone you know is heading for Kauai, do yourself a favor and reserve with these people. They are the very best.

Visited March 2013

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tour? Share your experiences!