“Dont pass this up”

Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Fresh food , dinner specials , open late till 8pm . They even have a family of 4 dinner special which includes dessert . I will defiantly be back . Very affordable . One of the best meals I've had on Kauai

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wish we came here more often during our vacation. We didn't get a chance to make it out here until our last day on the island. Our flight out was at 3pm, so we came here for lunch before heading to the airport.

Their plate lunches are very generous and we could definitely not finish it all. I think I barely ate about 1/4 of it [because we had a little poke snack break at Pono's prior] and the hubby finished a little more than half of it before calling it quits. He got the "Mark's Combo" plate which had chicken katsu, beef stew, and for his sides he went with brown rice and a green salad. For my combo, I chose the loco moco and a chicken cutlet [which was very similar to the katsu except the sauce], brown rice and mac salad. Kudos to Mark's Place for offering brown rice options btw. The hamburger patty and gravy was pretty good in my Loco Moco.

Service was friendly and food came out in a timely fashion. We'd come back.

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We heard of Mark's Place from my husband's co-worker when we were planning our wedding 2010, back then, we used to rent a place in Omao, so we basically ordered my wedding cake over the phone. The woman whom i talked to on the phone was very gracious, accomodating and polite. I gave her my idea of what my wedding cake should look like and sent it via email, and she got it. The cake looked and tasted awesome. My wedding reception was in Poipu, and they deliver it there right on time. Very professional. They made my wedding planning experience a breeze.

Then, we transferred house in Lihue, just blocks away from their place, i love it! I can just walk there when i have cravings. Staffs are very nice, food taste great and affordable.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I hit Mark's twice and we had a great lunch both times. You receive large food portions which are stuffed in a styrofoam box. The meal was great and the price was right. We drove down to the beach for a nice lunch setting.

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Ok, it's in an industrial park but tuning that out, the views are gorgeous. The food is outstanding and you cannot leave without some brownies or cookies.... superb. All this and the prices are great. If you're on Kauai, you must stop here.