“Unreal experience!”
Review of Island Adventures

Island Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exploring KAUAI BY KAYAK since 1977 For years, Island Adventures has introduced visitors and Kama'ainas (residents), to the magic of the Hule'ia River and it's 241 acres of National Wildlife Refuge. More recently, the owners of this small company set out to improve on what was already known to our visitor industry professionals as one of the very best kayak trips on Kauai. "We set out in search of an elusive waterfall that existed only in the memories of a handful of long time Kauai locals. Because of the thick jungle growth, an aerial survey of the area was fruitless. This search for a secret waterfall was to send us on a mission, through thick tangled jungle with no cut trails. After several difficult trips into the valley we were rewarded with the sound of rushing waters. Still, dense vegetation made it impossible to get a close look. We could hear it but couldn't see it" It took two more attempts for the Island Adventures crew of explorers to make their most exciting discovery. After rappelling down a cliff to the river below, the found not one, but two treasures: Jungle Waterfalls, the tallest one was over 50' high. A whole year and a half later, a trail had been mapped and cut. Now you don't havce to be Tarzan to enjoy this very special place, which has become the main destination of Island Adventures latest tours. "This Ain't No Zipline" and "Hawaiian Dundee".
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unreal experience!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Myself and a group of 3 friends went on the Dundee experience. The staff were amazing and accommodating. At no point did I feel unsafe. Sale' explains everything so clearly and makes sure you are comfortable with the technique. I did all three sides of the 30ft waterfall rappel as well as the 2 sides of the 60ft waterfall. I ended up doing the middle of the falls which had all the water falling on top of you. They had a guide come down every step of the way. The whole experience was safe and an absolute blast. Not to mention the amazing sandwiches after. Mahalo!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Daniel M

• Arabic first
Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dundee Falls”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great experience! The guides were very professional and helpful. They really helped make this an excellent experience. I had never really rappeled before an had an amazing time. I would recommend this to anyone interested.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank KrouseTheMoose
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent adventure - excellent staff”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

What an adventure! I wasn't sure when I booked this if it was really something for me to do since I've NEVER repelled before. I was wrong! The staff is there to help you every step of the way, and I never felt like I was in danger. It started by a trip from the Da Life office up to get equipment and then on to the site. On site, the staff went through about 30 minutes of demonstration and safety. From there, you hike down to the first 30 foot waterfall. We got to go down each of three lines. From there, we went on to the 60 foot waterfall - QUITE intimidating!! There were two lines on that and, again, you got to do each. After all the repelling was done, we hiked back up to the beginning, ate a nice little lunch and then headed back. Quite an adventure - highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Erik S
Lihue, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome kayak, hike, rappel”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This tour was the best adventure in Kauai for us! Our guide Jan (Yahn) leading us in kayaks up the river pointing out interesting information, hiking through the foliage pointing out specific characteristics of the plants and getting us to the place for our rappel instructions. Tonya and Sale (Sah Lay) gave excellent precise instructions and we got to have three practice rappels on a dirt wall. Then we hiked some more to the 30 ft waterfall which was wide enough for three people to rappel at the same time under the watchful eyes of Tonya, Jan, Sale and the other guide. Oh my gosh....it was so awesome.....water on your feet as you slowly move down and then water falling in your face as you near the bottom. After three runs we got to go to the 60 ft waterfall and play in it and the pool beneath......another wonderful feeling and got some great photos thanks to Tonya. The staff was so willing to do whatever we wanted. Highly recommend this. I'm a 62 year old overweight female and if I can do it.....so can you! Aloha!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mary Ann V
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to spend a day in Kuaui!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent the day today with the Island Adventures crew on the "Dundee Waterfall" - would highly recommend this to anyone! The guides were awesome - fun, friendly, knowledgable and enthusiastic, and the experience on both waterfalls was way beyond my expectations. Very enjoyable and great value compared to other excursions we looked at, was surprised with how much time we actually got to spend on the falls, 3 rappels on the 30' and 2 on the 60' - way more than I expected. My two sons (14 & 16) and I all rate it 10/10! Good work Dundee Crew, thanks for a great day!

Visited March 2014