“Fun train ride for 7 year old Boy”

Kauai Plantation Railway
Ranked #5 of 56 things to do in Lihue
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a great way to take a break from the beach and learn about the animals and plants growing on Kaui very interesting. My son was a little scarred of ghetto pigs because they were fighting over the food when we fed them :)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a great train ride around a beautiful estate. There is a lot of local history associated with the plantation. Make sure to reserve your tasting time at the Koloa Rum store when you return from the train ride.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Enjoyable ride through the plantation viewing many type of trees and animals. Narriator did a good job explaining things while on the ride.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This tour on the railroad was the highlight of my grand children's Hawaiian trip. I loved riding the train and seeing how pineapples are grown. I loved the grounds and the tour guide was very funny. However, the train stops and lets the children feed the wild bores. They saw the baby pigs and fed the big pigs. My six-year-old grandson said this was the best part of the trip. I will have to admit, it was fun. The cost of the train ride is inexpensive and it was interesting to see the shops around the train station. The grounds are beautiful and full of all types of fruit and herbs. I learned from the tour guide what each plant does for the human body. When we go to Hawaii again, I will do the train ride. This is a must for families.

1  Thank 940TexasGirl
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have been to Kauai a number of times and had not taken this rail trip. There is a senior and AARP rate, but a 15% off coupon can be found in the free Kauai booklets at the airport.

It is a 45 minute trip through the various planting, fruits, and trees. Fifteen to 20 minutes were spent feeding the boars/piglets, chickens and goats. They had stale bread for those who wanted to experience this activity. As someone who grew up on a Midwest farm, this just was not an activity for me.

The staff were very pleasant and clearly stated what we were passing and the history of the Plantation.

1  Thank patsyannie