“2 year olds love it!!”

Kauai Plantation Railway
Ranked #5 of 55 things to do in Lihue
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went with our two year old grandson. He is a Thomas big time fan. So he was in seventh heaven. The tour was way too much selling of the plantation products. Too much for me and too much time spent feeding pigs and roosters on the plantation. But the train was just great.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We took our 2 year old granddaughter on this trip and from the start she loved the train and the train ride but once we stopped to feed the feral pigs she had the most fun. The trip through the gardens was fun and I was able to see some fruits, such as rambutan, that I had never seen growing.

All of the fruits and vegetables that they use at Gaylords is grown right here plus all scraps from the restaurant and luau go back to the feral pig pen which is interesting because that Kailua pork you eat at the luau is one of those feral pigs.

Nice trip and I would recommend it.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was a quick tour by train of the historic Kilohana Plantation on Kauai. The guides offered up some of the local history, and info on the plantation environment. What made it all worth it, though, was watching the interaction of the kids (and some grown-ups) with the pigs and goats and chickens at the petting zoo stop. Would definitely recommend this for a family outing while on the island.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Be sure to ride the train and feed the pigs. This was a much different attraction from the typical Hawaiian fare. The property is truly spectacular. It was also a nice experience tasting the rum made on the property.

1  Thank BrianC645710
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I visited this old plantation and decided to take the train ride. We enjoyed it. The weather was great and we learned a lot about the varieties of fruits and produce growing on the land. We also stopped at the pig field and fed the pigs muffins. This was entertaining for a while but the pigs got aggressive with one another over the food. I didn't care for that very much. The train conductor and guide were pleasant and entertaining. After taking the train ride, I decided that the fee we paid for each of us to travel should have been cut in half as it wasn't worth as much as they charge. I forgot exactly how much it was, maybe $18 per person. It should be $10 or less.