“Train”

Kauai Plantation Railway
Ranked #5 of 55 things to do in Lihue
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I enjoyed the train but I really feel it is for kids with families but the grounds were very nice.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This was another cool surprise at Kilohana!! Great history and amazing scenery..... I highly recommend!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We did this for our son, as he gets a kick out of going on trains. It's not something I would recommend to anyone without kids. People were nice, but it's a slow train ride around a plantation that's mostly not producing fruit anymore. It's not expensive and you can get coupons from the coupon books available on site. However the restaurant on site was excellent! And my husband enjoyed the Rum tasting as well

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is a little railroad that takes you on a ride for about 30-35 minutes around the plantation. For the adults, they talk about the various produce they are working on to replace the sugar cane fields. For the children, well they just love the train. In fact, we picked Kauai because like Maui it had a train, and we new my preschooler would want to ride. They stop at one point to let the kids feed the pigs and goats, though because of the pigs are so stubborn, they need to do this through a fence. Still, my little one got a kick out of it.

Unlike the Maui Sugar Cane train, this one didn't have a steam engine the day we came (though I hear a rumor there is one). But unlike the Maui Sugar Cane Train, at least you have some stuff to see while you go around.

Bit expensive. $18 per ride. One adult with the kiddies. The others headed over to the rum tasting factory for some tasty rum tasting.

1  Thank gretayesinia
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We took our 3-year-old on the 40 minute train ride and he really enjoyed it. You mostly see fruit trees and farm animals from a distance. At one point, they stop the train and feed "wild" pigs which are about as wild as my dog running to her bowl when she hears kibble dropped. A nice time and my little one got a kick out of it. The train station is near the back of the parking lot, past the historical house and restaurant. Last train trip stops at 2 pm and runs every hour. I think adults might be a little bored, but little kids like it. We had a nice time. Their web site www.Kauaiplantationrailway.com has a map that shows where the train goes.

1  Thank ESS_lover