“Excellent service, view, atmosphere, drinks and food”

Kukui's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kukui's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I live on Kauai so I tend to shy away from the more touristy places, just because I don't like being in big crowds. That being said, there is something about the layout of this place that minimizes the social anxiety :)

The huge square bar, friendly staff, great view and tiki-torch/pool-lagoon ambiance is worth the trip. Amazing buffet on the weekends with great prime rib, king crab legs, and every possible side dish you could imagine.

If you are going for the drinks, try the Purple Haze (if you like sake) or the Coconut Basil (seriously... this is BEST drink). The sushi bar is awesome as well and Bryce does a great job as sushi chef. All food on the menu is delicious, not a complaint yet. Richie and Woogie (aka Mark) are awesome bartenders as well.

Much more relaxing (IMHO) than Duke's and the like. Not that Duke's is bad - the live music is fun - but tends to be very crowded.

There are newer reviews for Kukui's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Breakfast is very good to excellent. Lunch and dinner just average. Location isn't great because it's right next to the pool and can get a little noisy.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ate breakfast every morning in this lovely restaurant. The food was tasty but I always like Marriott food. They have nice healthy options which we like. Their crunchy French toast is delicious.
The service was sometimes a bit slow but the waitstaff was always friendly.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Ate dinner here twice whilst staying in the Hotel - close to the airport (free shuttle).
Had their fresh fish specials on both occasions, very well prepared, with excellent service.
Restaurant is near pool, with nice views; sit outside under umbrellas or under cover.
Discounts available - senior citizen, but you need to ask.

Breakfast buffet was also very good - $25, but you can get 20% discount with free Marriott card from near front desk. Breakfast kept us going until an early dinner.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

One of the things my husband looks forward to while staying at the Marriott Beach Resort is the Breakfast Buffet at Kukui's. It didn't let us down!!!
First I have to say that the Aloha spirit that comes from the staff at Kukui's is wonderful! The hostess Gina made us feel this we were family, while also being very professional. Our servers Ramon and Gaylin were also family by the end of the week. We looked forward to seeing them every morning. They made our dining experience very special.
I also have to commend the staff in the kitchen. The level of customer service was special to me.... in that.. I wanted Muesli EVERYDAY!!!! and they made sure I had it! (even if it wasn't on the buffet or menu)
The food on the buffet was always good and changing. Not just the traditional "American" breakfast items, but items with a Hawaiian and Asian touch.
It was nice to have such a good dining alternative on property!!!!
Make time for the breakfast buffet... then work it off in the pool!!!