“If you do only one tour, do THIS one!”
Review of Safari Helicopters

Ranked #5 of 37 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 30 years Safari has been taking people on helicopter tours to the inaccessible wonders of Kauai. Guest safety and satisfaction are Safari Helicopters top priority. Take an air tour with Safari Helicopters to find out why we are the best in the business.
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I have done several helicopter tours within the Islands Kauai included. However, Safari has been the best experience. From the check in and being entertained by Sherril (sp?) to having a female pilot it was AWESOME!. Sherril , then driver, was a better warm up comic than any professional. great fun. The views are amazing. Do wear dark clothes. The glare from the window can be bad. I didnt see it while shooting pictures, but it did occasionally show up in some of my shots. Enjoy the view and don't take photos the whole time. You will miss alot. And if you happen to go on a rainy or overcast day, then honestly you are lucky as there will be more waterfalls. We had a heavy rain the night before and it was a bit overcast and misty on take off. But once you are up and in the Wai ale ale crater, the falls are many and very full. We flew in the a.m. but they say afternoon is better. I have done both and both were fine to me.Well worth the money ( it is $$$) but if you only have a budget for one tour, this is it. Their service record is impeccable which is why we chose them. The flight was very smooth, never once felt queasy. go go go

12  Thank amyg123
Murphy-Safari, General Manager at Safari Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Aloha,

We apologize for not responding to your review. We are now reaching out to all our past and valued customers to invite them to come on back and give us another try. We would love to show you around these beautiful islands again and hope to see you soon on a future tour.

Safari Helicopters

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"wear dark"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Everyone with Safari were very nice and helpful in explaining what to expect. We had paid for the trip that was suppose to make a stop but because of the weather we were unable to and were politely refunded that portion of the trip. I am glad we chose Safari and if we go back we will again. Can't wait to download my pics to share with my family and friends on Facebook! Thanks for an amazing experience Safari Helicopters!!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Never in a million years would I think I'd be able to fly in a helicopter let alone in Kauai! It was simply breath taking. We paid that litle bit extra to sit in the front and it was 100% worth it! The ride was smooth and relaxing.

The pilot and staff were wonderful. You cannot explain this experience whilst doing it justice. Just go for it. I cried at one point because it was so overwhelming. Loved it.

Reviewed September 24, 2014

there is no better way to see kauai, as in the helicopter ride. We did the boat, the hike, and ran across the island. the tour was great, we got to see the entire island; and the pilot was great!! price is well worth the trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2014

We were picked up at the Pride of America pier at 8:40. We got checked in at their office, were given the safety briefing and then waited for the other two passengers to arrive. When all six were ready, they drove us to the helicopter pads, we got buckled in, headphones on and took off.

A side note: I had to call in two days ahead to confirm we would be flying, and at that time they offered upgraded seats, which are the two front seats for $50 each. For another $100, I said no thanks. Then she said, she could offer them for $25 each, so for $50 I figured why not. This is already an expensive excursion and maybe I wasted $50 because all the seats are great, but it was fun sitting beside Brian our pilot.

This flight was the highlight of the trip for me and I was moved to tears, it was SO, SO BEAUTIFUL! There was music playing in our headsets, which added to the effect. When we took off they played the theme from Apocalypse Now, etc.

We flew over mountain peaks, saw a million water falls, deep ravines, waimea canyon, secluded sandy beaches, Hanalei bay, Napali coast, etc. I can't begin to describe what an amazing experience this was! Life is short, pay for this flight!

Brian pointed out the waterfall from Fantasy Island, the beach from the Descendants, the rainforest from Avatar, the mountains from Jurassic Park, the beach from South Pacific. He provided a good balance of commentary so we knew what we were looking at and quiet so we could marvel at the views.

We spent 60 minutes in the air and basically covered the entire island. The ride was smooth and the cabin is air conditioned, so very comfortable.

We bought the DVD and while the video is not the best quality, when I watched it, I was back enjoying the experience all over again.

Thanks for an AWESOME experience!

2  Thank crafter188

Safari Helicopters

Been to Safari Helicopters? Share your experiences!