“Fantastic!”
Review of Safari Helicopters

Ranked #5 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 30 years Safari has been taking people on helicopter tours to the inaccessible wonders of Kauai. Guest safety and satisfaction are Safari Helicopters top priority. Take an air tour with Safari Helicopters to find out why we are the best in the business.
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We flew on a stormy day and the trip was still spectacular. Very high end operation, from check in through the flight. Definite must in Kauai!

Murphy-Safari, General Manager at Safari Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Aloha,

We apologize for not responding to your review. We are now reaching out to all our past and valued customers to invite them to come on back and give us another try. We would love to show you around these beautiful islands again and hope to see you soon on a future tour.

Safari Helicopters

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)
All reviews
in 46 reviews
"ground crew"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had already done a helicopter tour with Safari on Big Island which was brilliant, but this one was just as amazing! It is not cheap (at all), but really worth the money! Kauai is just so amazingly beautiful, and from the air you can really see it all. We must have seen at least 30 waterfalls, including ones in valleys where you can otherwise not come (not even hiking). Na Pali coast is super, and Waimea canyon as well. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Joeri E

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We chose Safari Helicopter tours based on the type of equipment they fly and their outstanding safety record. A terrific on-line price sealed the deal. The staff was helpful, friendly, funny, courteous, professional, and always attune to safety. The flight was mesmerizing. I snapped about 500 pictures during the fastest one hour of our vacation! I couldn’t wipe the goofy grin off my face when we landed.
Twelve years ago we flew with another company that flies with the doors off. Yes, I really paid more for no doors. I’m an avid, amateur photographer, and I thought that would be the way to go for picture taking. Well, I hardly have any pictures from that flight, because I was too scared to let go of my jump seat long enough to operate my camera. I felt so safe in Safari’s A-STAR I took a ton of pictures. Sure a few pictures have window reflections, but I have many terrific shots. It was safe, quiet and comfortable.
Let’s not kid ourselves. Even if you get a “good deal” it’s NOT a cheap outing for a family. But I have to say that a helicopter flight over Kauai is money well spent. It’s such a beautiful island, and there’s so much of it you can only see by air. It was well worth the dime, and this time, I have the pictures to prove it! Safari did a great job. I would highly recommend them.

1  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our trip to Kauai would not be complete without a trip along the Na Pali coast and through the waimea canyon. I chose Safari to do this because of their professionalism and organization when I called to ask questions. Those same characteristics continues throughout to experience. The scenery was magnificent as promised but the staff mad it perfect. Sharel was our guide taking us through the safety instructions in a very humorous way then Ian was our pilot full of interesting information and facts.