“Fantastic Tour of the Garden Isle”
Review of Safari Helicopters

Safari Helicopters
Ranked #6 of 34 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: For 30 years Safari has been taking people on helicopter tours to the inaccessible wonders of Kauai. Guest safety and satisfaction are Safari Helicopters top priority. Take an air tour with Safari Helicopters to find out why they've been named best of Kauai 3 years in a row.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife had never flown in a helicopter before and would probably never have agreed to take this tour, except for the fact that our kids purchased it for us as an anniversary gift, we were surprised to learn when we checked into the Marriott Kauai Beach Resort. But from the time we were picked up at our hotel, to check-in at their office, to the short trip to the airport, to our calm, experienced, friendly pilot, we felt very much at ease. Everything was well organized, and the 50-minute flight was spectacular. It had rained the day before, not your typical gentle Hawaii rain but thunderstorms, which caused our flight scheduled that day to be cancelled. Safari booked us the next day and we saw literally hundreds of waterfalls due to the heavy rain the day before. Once we lifted off we were so enthalled with the scenery and how close up we were able to get to waterfalls, Waimea Canyon, the Napali Coast that my wife was very comfortable the entire flight. The calm, friendly demeanor of our pilot and the gentle maneuvers he made while still getting us up close to the sights put everyone at ease. They have a perfect safety record and a staff that makes you feel special. An unexpected highlight of our trip.

There are newer reviews for Safari Helicopters

Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the moment you get to Safari Helicopters, to the moment your trip is done, you feel at ease and be treated like a 5 star guest. We were greeted by Cherrel when we went for our morning tour on April 11th, and he had us in stitches. Makes you feel comfortable and keeps you laughing the entire time. Our pilot Ian, was also fantastic. He's a born and bred Hawaiian and is very knowledgeable about the sites, and even gave us background on the indigenous flora. Initially i was hesitant to take this Helicopter tour because of my fear of heights, but the professionalism of the staff and pilot and the incredibly smooth ride put all my fears aside. If you are considering a Helicopter tour on Kauai, look no further than Safari Helicopters. A++

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We did the Na Pali and Waimea Canyon trip on Kauai with safari helicopters in April 2013. It was just incredible. Why would I recommend Safari above others and why did we chose Safari?

Safari are the cheapest helicopter outfit offering this trip but i'm not quite sure what the other operators could do to justify charging more....as the Safari tour was fantastic. We were in the air for around 50 minutes which is absolutely ample to see all the sights. I would say a heli trip is better than a small plane as the heli can hover and get up close to the coast line and in to the canyon. Our pilot was great and offered some interesting stories and facts.

By far the best experience of our trip to Kauai. Thank you to our pilot Ian (I think..) and Safari!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We would definitely recommend this great company to anyone interested in having a great Helicopter tour! Lucie and I “ Dan” from Ottawa Canada had a fantastic time with Ian our pilot and Sherell did a great job to get us prepared for the trip. Thanks to you guys we had the best time ever!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really did alot of research on a helicopter trip months before our trip to kauai. Decided on Safari. I am so glad I did! My husband and I had a wonderful experience and couldn't imagine it being any better had we gone with another company. From the girls in the office to the pilot we really enjoyed it. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I raved to some of the other guests at the resort and two other couples ending up taking the same ride and enjoyed it just as much as we did, thanking us after for suggesting Safari. I will carry this memory always!

Been to Safari Helicopters? Share your experiences!