“Nice course with mountain views.”
Review of Puakea Golf Course

Puakea Golf Course
Ranked #12 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was the first of two Kauai courses I played and overall I enjoyed the experience. Friendly staff and a nice course. On the downside? This course definitely has a municipal feel to it as the clubhouse is pretty small and there is a great deal of commercial development built or being built around it i.e. Loud. Also there is what used to be a grand plantation home on or next to the property that has fallen into ruin and is an eyesore. A decent value for the island as I paid $80-$90 in the morning but felt the afternoon prices of $60 where more in line.

1  Thank grapesnocone

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This course cost half of what other courses charge on Kauai, Hi. And despite a few so-so holes it was a great layout with some beautiful holes and the place was in good condition in February.
However in my 11 days in Hawaii this was the worst customer service I encountered. It started with the woman in the pro shop who when she found out we weren't registered through the cruise ship (at twice the price), insisted we didn't have a reservation, then when we weren't going to leave she amazingly found the reservation. She gave us a hard time in everything, clubs, starting time, etc.
Then the starter added to it, insisting we keep the clubs in the bag in the order we got them because he didn't want to look around for them; to his telling us we had to keep up with the time allotted or he'd make us move, As an experienced threesome we played very fast and wrapped up nine early,
Then we found a threesome he started on the 10th hole in front of us. All three had hit drives and none had reached 100 yards and two were looking for their ball. this would be a disaster in the making.as we had to get back to the cruise ship on time. We skipped 10 and played through with out trouble.
On returning to the clubhouse the starter insisted the three of us not move till he counted all the clubs and insured there was no damage to any of the bag, equipment.

I let the starter know my opinion of their service and he blankly said - we do it for your benefit!!!
If you want that level of service and want to be insulted this is a good deal

2  Thank jimsun
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great course, the guys loved it. Though a couple of really long holes!!! Reasonable in price. Club rental also easy and inexpensive. Small café.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Why pay hundreds to play when you have a well kept and beautiful course for under $60? Course has some great challenging holes, beautiful views and combinations of elevations. Nothing fancy but worth getting in the car and driving over for a round or two.

1  Thank Rastabug
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked the course on Golfnow.com for a great value of $59 for 18 holes.
Course in great condition and speed of play on a Tuesday was 4 hrs, started midday.
The 6th hole is an awesome downhill par 3 over the pond, with the mountains behind.
I would come back here next time I return to Kauai.