“Just do it!”

Jack Harter Helicopters - Tours
Ranked #3 of 34 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Jack Harter is the Originator of Helicopter Tours on Kauai. Coming to Kauai in 1962, Jack began offering helicopter tours and charter flights with a focus on safety and quality. Jack's dedication to these important qualities is carried on by the company's hand-picked pilots and ground crew staff that are dedicated to continuing Jack's founding principles. The company offers scenic tours in two types of helicopters: Jack Harter Helicopters' luxurious 6-passenger Eurocopter AStar helicopter features huge floor-to-ceiling windows, BOSE noise-cancelling headsets, air-conditioning, and a cabin layout that has no physical obstructions to viewing the scenery outside. For the more adventurous, their 4-passenger Hughes 500s are flown with the doors removed. There is no luxury in the Hughes 500, but the doors-off flight is very cool! (Double meaning intended!) We ask you to be aware that there are WEIGHT LIMITATIONS for all helicopter tours. The 2 front passenger seats in BOTH helicopter types have more restrictive weight limits, so the SMALLEST PASSENGERS ON ANY GIVEN TOUR ARE USUALLY SEATED IN THE FRONT SEATS. Please look at the company's website to view the aircraft seating diagrams. The company's 60 and 90-minute tours feature Kauai's beautiful Na Pali Coast, the spectacular Waimea Canyon, numerous waterfall-filled valleys including the Hanalei Valley, and Mt. Waialeale, one of the wettest places on earth.
Sydney
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Just do it!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you are on a budget, luxury trip or anything in between, just do this flight. You will not be disappointed. It's a full hour flying and you see the whole island. Bookings are a must.
If you are a keen photographer take the flight where the helicopter has its doors removed as on a few of my photos there were reflections from the cockpit glass.

Visited January 2014

bavaria
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not reliable”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The month ago booked flight was postponed from 11 am to 12.45 pm,
and after getting the security briefing we were brought to the heliport.
The pilots told us there, no flight at this time, because of the weather.
If I would have had my booked flight time, I would have had the flight,
so I had a driving time for hours for nothing.
I guess they prefered a 4 person company to make profit and pushed
my single booking to neverland...

Visited February 2014
4 Thank mashix
Petaluma, California
“Best Ever!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We chose Jack Harter Helicopters for their best safety record and my husband and I had a fantastic time in their open door copter! We got cancelled once last minute since the winds picked up and that was fine with us. Nothing but easy time anyway on magical Kauai!!!
The next day we still did not know if we could make the flight or not due to pretty intense cloud cover but when we got on board with Harry right around 2pm, we instantly felt like it would be an awesome time and IT WAS!!! The afternoon light was wonderful.
The views were spectacular, we felt safe the entire time and Harry shared his knowledge of the island and his expertise clearly showed. The staff was great all around!!! Thank you again everybody for making my love's 60th birthday super special. We both were awestruck after the flight and we highly recommend the adventure!!!

Visited January 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great tour ”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We got cancelled a couple times the day before. But when we finally got to go it was amazing. We had the one without doors! I highly recommend that one.

1 Thank Knots15
“Harry is "da man"!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I could go on and on about how wonderful and HELPFUL the staff and pilot (Harry) were with us... but I would probably sound like a plant for the company! I will simply say that the staff was EXTREMELY helpful, to include us calling them asking about surf conditions prior to our arrival! Our pilot Harry was just one of those guys that was instantly likeable and OBVIOUSLY VERY KNOWLEDGABLE about Kauai! The flight in the Hughs 500 (doorless) was an experience to rival any experience during your stay on the island! THANK YOU!

Visited February 2014