“Do not miss!”

Island Helicopters Kauai
Ranked #8 of 34 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: The perfect way for families of all ages and abilities to see the island in detail.
New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Do not miss!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

While on our honeymoon we used Island Helicopter to take a tour of Kauai. (*Tip, be sure to wear dark clothing, otherwise it reflects in the window for pictures.) This company had the best reviews and the safest helicopter types. Our pilot was Isaac, who was fantastic! He was very entertaining an knowledgeable about the island. The tour was set to music that played through our headphones. The views of all the sites of the island were awesome! We took a boat trip up the napali coast but the views from the helicopter were much better. We flew to the waterfall used in Jurassic Park, up the Napali coast, through Waimea Canyon then into Mount Waialeale, the rainiest place on earth, and much more. A definite must do for any trip to Kauai.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Christopher S

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GREAT time!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I just finished doing this tour,it was also my first helicopter tour as well,,besides the tour itself being everything it promised,from landing to the Jurassic falls water sight ,to waimea canyon,the coast,the center of the island,the WHOLE island for that matter,I was very impressed with the staff.Our captain was GREAT ,since I was traveling alone,he took a few pics of me in front of the falls when I asked if he could,NO hesitation,no awkward moments for me of asking of him.Unfortunately I can't remember his name,if someone can tell me it will be great,I like to remember a name with a face,I took the 240pm on 10/22.The only regret I have was not getting the chance to get a pic of myself and our captain of the tour,my arrangements were pretty much spur of the moment,and when I was inquiring about the trip ,times were limited (so book in ADVANCE folks)I booked a 240pm tour with 5pm flt to HNL,they promised me they could hold my bags AND get me to my flt ontime,THEY DID! Whats even more impressive was they had a driver (thank u,driver)SPECIFICALLY coming to get morgor my flt,,VERY IMPRESSIVE.So I would HIGHLY recommend this tour not only for the sights of the island but also for the kind courtesy they provided from checkin to captain,,once again,if I could get the captains name,it would be great. So 5 STARS for this tour,you WILL NOT be dissappointed!

1 Thank C M
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pure Awesome”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I went back and forth on deciding what helicopter tour to book while in Kaua’i. I was our first visit to Hawaii and we were also traveling with our 3 year old daughter – so we wanted to make it worth the money spent. We are SO glad that we booked the Jurassic Falls tour with Island Helicopters! It was pricey, but well worth it! Our pilot Isaac was amazing and put my husband and daughter in the front seat so they had a spectacular view – although my view in the back seat was pretty spectacular as well due to the floor to ceiling windows. My only comment would be that, while the music they played during the flight was good, I would have preferred to have heard more Hawaiian style music over Macy Gray.

Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“WOW...”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

What a highlight of our holiday. This company is the only one allowed to land at "Jurassic Falls" where the others are only allowed to fly over. Isaac our pilot was very informative and during the 90min flight, he took great care to ensure that everyone was able to see the sites during the flight. I have done quite a few helicopter flights and I would have to say this was one of the best experienced.

Kapaa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Tour of Kauai or Pilot's personal history?”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

At the end of our tour we got off the helicopter feeling like we learned far more about the personal history and opinions of our pilot Jody than we did of Kauai. That was very disappointing as the experience could have been amazing. The views of Kauai were spectacular, but the constant chatter about himself from our pilot was tedious. The experience was much improved when I took off the headset and listened to the roar of the engines rather than hearing more opinion and self history from our pilot. When he would briefly stop talking we listened to some really great music that set off the landscape, I would have loved to have been able to hear more than just a few seconds of it. I'm sure as a pilot it gets very boring doing the same thing day after day and maybe that is why he was so chatty. I hope he realizes that we were here to experience Kauai, not his past achievements and opinions so that the experience can better for other people in the future.

1 Thank Laveda W
islandhelicopters, Owner at Island Helicopters Kauai, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for flying with Island Helicopters. Your pilot Jody, is a great person and a very experienced pilot, having flown tours on Kauai for many years. As you know, our helicopters are equipped with microphones so the passengers can ask their pilot questions along the tour. It would be rude and unprofessional to not answer questions by the passengers concerning his background, things to do on the island, surf spots, etc. Since you live on Kauai, you may not want to hear what the our average visitor enjoys. Jody is constantly complimented on his interesting and thorough narration of the islands sights and history, along with his selection of music and his very personable attitude.

Been to Island Helicopters Kauai? Share your experiences!