“Worth every penny.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Helicopters Kauai

Island Helicopters Kauai
Ranked #7 of 33 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: The perfect way for families of all ages and abilities to see the island in detail.
Tucson, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Worth every penny.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Expensive but worth it. So beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. Really cool landing in the jungle and a great way to see the island (really the only way to see all of it). They rescheduled the first trip for weather and I think you have better luck weather wise earlier in the morning. Our trip was at 8:50.

3 Thank TravelBug8000

Dana Point, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Went on the Jurassic Falls helicopter trip with my wife for her birthday... her reaction was priceless! She said it was the best/most adventures thing she has done in her life.

WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATION REQUEST THE FRONT SEATS!

The trip is expensive but well worth it! You get to land at the Jurassic falls where every other company is not allowed to land. You travel through Waimea Canyon and up to the north side of Kauai. Then finish with a flight through the center of the Volcano... the wettest spot on earth!

Trip was about 1.5 hours in total time...

The pilot was nothing short of amazing.

2 Thank ty09cali
Redlands, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Jurassic Park Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the islands many times and have never spent the change to take a helicopter tour. I just thought there were so many other things to do and see I didn't think the expense could have been worth it. Boy, was I wrong, I wish I had taken this tour on my first trip. My pilot was Issac and he expertly guided us around this mornings rain showers for a beautiful ride, much longer than I had anticipated. I booked the Jurassic Falls flight with the grand circle of the island. Originally I had Friday, but they moved me to Sat to guarantee a full flight. Getting to land at the waterfall was a special treat, we walked close enough to get wet in the spray, and several other helicopter companies passed over while we were there, they must have been so jealous. I have walked the Kalaulau trail to Hanakapiaii beach, but that was nothing compared the the spectacular views you get while flying just a bit offshore. With the rain last night, every canyon at Mt Waiale.. (can't really spell it) were flowing with water in an amazing cascade of brilliance. We hovered and 360'ed for a complete vista. Thanks Issac, this was a most excellent and simply unique experience I won't soon forget.

3 Thank Elizabeth G
Phoenix
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Do it! Dooooo ittttt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I did a lot of research before the trip and I thought I wanted the open door tour with another vendor. I worked with those guys for several days and they could never arrange a flight. Finally, I called Island Helicopters and Michelle hooked us up the same day. I was a little worried because it was raining and I had a middle seat in the back, but it could not have been any better! Our pilot Jody was fantastic. I almost cried. It was that fantastic. You have to do this. Obamacare should pay for every human to do this trip.

2 Thank Maughaum
Houston
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“An amazing experience with a terrific pilot -- expensive but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our pilot Gary was outstanding. There was a lot of wind turbulence and we felt queasy, but Gary inspired a lot of confidence with his steadiness and calm. He showed us the tremendous variety of the stunning topography of the island -- from the blue water and drama of the Napali Coast to the colors of the Waimea canyon, to the heights of waterfalls inside of an extinct volcano. Reviewers have written about other companies where there are poor views from the back seat, but our group of four had no complaints. In fact, the seat behind the pilot was very good for views out the side. Tip: ask for the internet special rate when you call. This was the cheapest rate I could find on Kauai among the top rated helicopter tour companies. I highly recommend this splurge -- a highlight of a wonderful trip in the paradise of paradises!

Been to Island Helicopters Kauai? Share your experiences!