“Good value”

No. 1 Chinese & BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 123 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Service was very good, food was fine. But we did not expect the dishes to be precooked. So, better food than Panda Express, but pretty much the same set up.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family decided to come here after hearing decent reviews from our friends. I was disappointed. It was a terrible atmosphere. The servers were rude and uninviting and the food was anything but delicious. I had the Orange Chicken, my wife had the Beef Broccoli, and my children shared a plate of Shrimp Fried Rice. No complaints about the rice, but our family thought the beef was too salty and the chicken tasted spoiled. I definitely would not recommend this place and would have preferred another dining experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is far from top of the line but not bad for a local place. Food is in buffet-style warmers, some of it looked like it had been around for awhile but obviously didn't pick anything that did not look fresh. The orange chicken was pretty tasty, hubby had bonelss spare ribs which were quite delish. One, two or three luncheon choices cost between $4 and $7 and come with rice (white, fried or brown) or noodles. Thought the servers to be efficient but not overly friendly. The place was pretty clean, including restrooms. Will definitely return again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

reasonable price, good selection. The food was "buffet" style, so not very fresh, but it was delicious. That they offer brown rice is a plus to me. It's a local place so no ambiance to speak of.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Best choice on Easter Sunday. Food is either menu of a 1, 2 or 3 item plate from the buffet type hot table. Meal comes with either rice or noodles. I got the 3 item with noodles and it was a huge amount of food for $7. Quality is just ok but for that price........

Been to No. 1 Chinese & BBQ Restaurant? Share your experiences!