“Where the locals eat delicious food!”
Review of Barbeque Inn

Barbeque Inn
Ranked #41 of 123 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 24, 2006

My husband, 8-year-old son and I loved this restaurant. It was so refreshing to find great prices after paying about $125 -$175 for other meals. Here we found plates for under $10! My husband and I loved the Steak and Shrimp. Very good portions and super tasty. I think this dish was about $9.95 or so. My son loved the mixed Barbeque plate.

It was always busy here but don’t let that scare you. They are very fast. Grab one of their menus and call in your order then pick it up so you don’t have to wait.

We ate here three times. Once for lunch and the other two times as a take-out. We took our meals back to our condo and ate there.

Delicious! This is where the locals eat.

6  Thank scorchestra

Reviewed January 18, 2006

We both had lunch specials which consisted of two scoups of rice, 1 scoup of macaroni salad, and our entree. I got garlic shrimp (fantastic) and char siu (chinese bbq) very good as well. My fiancee had sea platter (ALL FRIED), but very good too. Next time we'd skip the all fried items, and stick to the more local items, but it was very good.

6  Thank philfna
Reviewed October 21, 2005

Had a nice lunch here today. Wife had a fish sandwich and I had the Kalua pork and cabbage with steamed rice.

It sure isn't fine dining but a nice wholesome meal for a good price and a welcome break from the prices of the fancy restaurants.

4  Thank gmooreHollis_NH
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Don't miss BBQ Inn for a very nice family restaurant. Voted #1 on Kauai for family dining. 65 years family operated. Hawaiian & Japanese menu items. All delicious. Go for the short ribs! Great keiki menu & prices. This ain't the Ritz, so get over it. This is where the locals eat.

3  Thank WCEAGLE2
Reviewed June 12, 2005

The BBQ Inn totally surprised us. The decor is definitely an older, typical style diner or family restaurant. You'd expect a hearty meat and potatoes menu but it is anything but. There is some of EVERYTHING. It took us a very long time to decide, but we had one of the best meals on the island. My husband had the grilled Ahi salad and I had the macadamia crusted chicken. Both were super and the pie is absolutely fantastic! Our server was one of the nicest people we met on the island and we were even lucky enough to run into her again as our waitress at the Aloha Beach Resort Restaurant. The article on the wall right inside the door of the BBQ inn tells its story and its very interesting. WWII kept the place alive and thriving. When you turn of of rice street the place is on your left about half way down the block and parking goes fast. Yummy!

4  Thank alparker23

Been to Barbeque Inn? Share your experiences!