“A Big Hit”

Garden Island BBQ & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 123 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel as a local very casual favorite, We walked in without reservation and although the place was filled and hopping, we were seated immediately. Walking to our table we spotted several enticing dishes. We stared with
several appetizers, the usual pot stickers egg rolls which were very good. But the hit
of the night was the BBQ Pork....wow.... I would go back just for that. From that point on
it was straight uphill Every dish that followed was just terrific. The portions were very
big, hot, properly seasoned and well executed. I could describe each dish but suffice to say
I definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a great Chinese diner . My only regret was we were leaving the next day and it would be awhile before I could return.

1  Thank RJadventures

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Don't let the outside appearance fools you! The food is truly great, inexpensive and service was fast! I had the chicken fried noodle which had chunks of chicken breast. The mixed seafood sizzler was amazing with burst of flavors containing shrimps, squid, scallops and fish fillets. I comes with two scoop of rice and kimchee or macaroni.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My whole family loves this place. Big portions at good prices. It's normally busy so you might have to stand and wait for a table to open up but the staff keep it moving so hang loose and you'll be seated in no time. This isn't a fancy high end type place but if you want to eat where the locals eat and at a good price, this is it.

1  Thank Kenny C
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by locals and it didn't disappoint. The portions are huge and tasty.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The portion was huge, and it didnt matter what I ordered, it was all the same price....very good food