“Fantastic”

Kauai Bound
Ranked #13 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Aloha, Kauai Bound is a locally owned and operated snorkel and golf equipment rental shop with a new location in Lihue. Walking distance from the cruise ships and the Marriott, just off Kalapaki Bay, Kauai Bound will get you set up with your snorkel, beach, underwater camera, and golf rentals. We now carry the second generation Full Face Masks as well as the top of the line standard sets.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The owner is such a great guy. Takes his time to explain everything. Great equipment. The best I've ever used in seven or eight trips. Reasonable prices. Can't say enough great things. My brother-in-law rented an underwater camera. The owner downloads the photos on a CD and adds some of his photos. Highly recommend this place. He even has sodas and waters for sale, along with beach chairs.

All reviews
"island"
in 19 reviews
"info"

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just happened upon Kauai Bound when I was searching the internet for affordable waterproof cameras to rent for diving with while in Kauai. This was the best find ever. I rented a reefmaster camera and a strobe flash for a WEEK! Only cost me $90.00. My boyfriend rented his snorkel gear, fins, mask, snorkel, a reef fish card with defog all in a nice mesh bag for the week also. Cannot remember what he paid, but it to was amazingly reasonable. The dive shops were wanting $60 for one day to rent a camera. Chris is incredibly knowledgeable about the best beaches to snorkel or body board and is just plain fun to talk to. Premium equipment with excellent prices! Mahalo Chris, I think we will miss you as much as we do the island.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

For only $7.50, my friend and I rented a full set of snorkel gear for a full 24 hours. Chris told us about all of his favorite snorkel spots (including many beaches we would've never found if it weren't for him!) The gear was all in mint condition and he showed us how to use everything. The spot is a little tricky to find, but absolutely worth seeking out for quality snorkel gear and the pro tips for all the best beaches!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I rented snorkel gear from here after having been to some other locations first. I felt compelled to write a review because of how happy we were with the products and service. The snorkel gear was top of the line and the prices were reasonable. He even provided us with a "fish legend" and anti-fog drops to borrow at no extra cost. Chris himself (the owner) was very helpful, friendly, and knowledgable. He took the time to show us resources to find the best snorkelling and told us some hidden gems on the island. We would definitely rent from there again and would recommend him to everyone. The location is very accessible from the airport, my suggestion would be to pick up your gear on the way from the airport to wherever your staying. The weekly rate was about $28. Other places may be cheaper, but you get what you pay for!