“Yummy, but be patient.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Henderson, Nevada
“Yummy, but be patient.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A knowledgeable friend suggested we not miss this place, so our last night on Kauai we made sure to visit. It was very small and every seat at the counters was filled; we were lucky and did not have a long wait, but others coming in after us stood for 45 minutes waiting for a seat. The portions were more than ample and the food was delicious: we were really glad we braved the line. (We've been trying to find somewhere with equivalent food back at home, so far without luck.) Having been warned not to miss the lilikoi pie, we asked the server if there would be 2 pieces left after our noodles; she told us they were running out but she would put 2 slices aside for us. We were soooo glad she did! Yummy, filling, affordable, and an adventure; best if you're patient and don't need extra personal space while you're eating.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank moot54

• Korean first
Kodiak Island, Alaska
“Best place ever”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a tiny little noodle shop but well worth the search!
We had the special! The flavored and the noodles are the best we have had
Wish we would have found this sooner
We head home back to Alaska in a few hrs !

1 Thank Katdog1973
“Fantastic lilikoi pie”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

It's a small place but very popular. Interesting layout of tables and stools. Service was friendly though the very hardworking waitresses and cook can barely keep up. The special saimin (Hawaiian ramen) was not that great in our opinion. But then, my family has eaten at numerous excellent ramen places in Japan. But the lilikoi pie - that is outstanding! Still, I'm glad we went here. Liked the vibe.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MistyAsh
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Skip this Place - Don't Understand the Other Reviews”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was excited to try this place after reading the reviews in guide books as well as online, but I was not impressed to say the least. In fact, the day that I went it was packed, wall to wall. Both I and my boyfriend sat at the counter and ordered the saimin. The service was so-so, but I guess the food was quick. And that was the upside of the experience as the saimin wasn't very flavorful. I was expecting more. I doctored up mine with hot sauce and the like, but I wouldn't go back.
I tried the restaurant while I was visiting in August '13. I preferred other local restaurants for good saimin, lilikoi pie, or other local favorites like poke, pupus, etc.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank HeidiNS
Canada
“Cheap, fun experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I enjoyed this dinner. I thought the noodles were good, and the lilikoi pie was fun as well. I think this place had the same oddness that a number of Kauai places did, in that it's both a tourist spot and a local spot, and ne'er the two shall meet.

I notice a couple of comments about cleanliness of the restaurant. I didn't notice it being bad, but it's a definitely "diner"-level experience. I suppose that if I returned, I might pay more attention to hygiene issues.

They take cash only.