“Don't Eat Here!”
Review of JJ's Broiler

JJ's Broiler
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Honolulu, HI
“Don't Eat Here!”
Reviewed June 24, 2007

After a bad experience at the Kalaheo Steak House, we decided to find something closer to our hotel, and ended up at JJ's Broiler. Bad mistake. We both ordered prime rib, medium rare. The "meat" was definitely medium rare, but I seriously doubt that it was "prime" anything - much less a cut of prime rib. I told our waitress that it was the absolute worst cut of meat I have ever had in my life - nearly 50% fat, and more veins and sinew running through the meat than I would have thought possible. I'm pretty sure my dog would have taken a pass on this cut of meat, too. I'm trying to think of something positive to say about this place. . . Oh, the table top salad bar was a clever idea, and the fixings were okay (iceberg lettuce, tomato, black olives, frozen artichoke hearts, overcooked rotini (pasta). And the waitress was very sympathetic. However, if you're craving edible prime rib, this place definitely won't do it.

San Francisco
“No Service! None!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Although we received menus and were seated, we were never served. We left after 15 minutes of listening to our waitress talk about her home state of Alaska with the table next to us as she was aggressively ignoring us. As sad as it is to say, we could come to no other conclusion since the place wasn't even half full and she couldn't have missed us. Perhaps she was prejudice as we were two men but I can't assume she would ever be successful at her job with that attitude next to a large resort, a popular beach, and a cruise ship dock. Her hairdo (like the many roosters of Kauai) added a comical touch to this unpleasant experience. We went across the bridge to Duke's Canoe Club and recommend that you do the same.

2 Thank Klek
Chippewa Falls,WI
“Tried it 5 times and it's still....”
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I've been there at least 5 times, twice 2 years ago ,once 3 yrs ago and twice just a few weeks ago. Never been let down! They have a great lazy susan salad bar for your table and we tried all different meals. Make sure your upstairs, I'm sure lots of people w/ complaints may have been down there?? Life's to short to be a picky A**hole, but everyone deserves good service and food!! Big D from WISC.

columbus ohio
“Doesn't follow ADA”
Reviewed March 27, 2006

My husband uses a guide dog for the blind. We walked up to this restaurant, and the hostess said, "My manager says you can't come in because of the dog." We asked to see the manager. He kept us waiting for quite a while, during which time my husband pulled out his wallet card with the relevant section of the ADA. When the manager finally came out, I held the card out to him and asked if he was familiar with the ADA. He was rude and gestured at a table and said just go sit over there and keep the dog out of the aisle. (The dog always sits under the table.) I would have left, but my husband wanted to stay to prove we had the right to be there. The waitress who took care of us didn't see this happen. When we stood up to leave, she was surprised to see the dog. As you would expect, he is extremely quiet and well behaved.

All this in an open air restaurant with wild birds hopping around!

Don't go here if you support the rights of the disabled.

6 Thank clopaw
Frazeysburg, Ohio
“would definitely OK”
Reviewed February 28, 2006

My family went over to Kauai in 2002. The trip was for my daughter & son-in-law's vow renewal. My grandson also went & my mother.

My mother only had 1 leg & lost the other one 9 months before going to Hawaii. We went to JJ's Broiler at least 6 times during our stay. The kids stayed 18 days & had their last meal with us there. We had a family style lunch with many items. There was no complaint of service, food or smells.

Mom & I stayed for 2 months & went to JJ's alot. Again the service was great, very courtious & kind with Mom, great food & still no smells of garbage.

I have no problems with this restaurant & would very highly recommend it. I guess that some people don't know the difference between food & garbage.

Thanks & keep up the good work!!!!!

Jeane Wright