“Was okay, don't take American Express”
Review of JJ's Broiler

JJ's Broiler
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Ate at the bar, ordered Fish & Chips, large portion, was okay. Music was very loud for dinner. Needs updating, they don't take American Express cards, very strange for a tourist joint. Once is enough!

There are newer reviews for JJ's Broiler

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We loved this restaurant and came here twice. We were really drawn to kalapaki beach. The food here was sooo good! biggest calamari we've ever seen! the drinks were tasty and tons to choose from. We also had the pulled pork wraps and they melted in our mouths! We would definitely come here again. There was also live music and your food comes so fast!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We went into JJ’s for happy hour. Prices are about 75% lower at happy hour.
Had a beer and the seafood chowder which was too salty and only had a few pieces of seafood in the entire bowl. Most of the soup (if you can call it that) was corn starch, potatoes and some carrots. Soup is supposed to be liquid. I turned the bowl sideways with the chowder in it .... The chowder never moved.
I will never go back there.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

You never know when you are going to be surprised. Originally we planned to go to another restaurant on the beach but the wait was 45 minutes so why not take a chance elsewhere.
We ordered the fish and chips and were very happy with our meal. They serve spicy fries and the fish was lightly battered with some good tartar sauce for dipping.
We enjoyed seats on the large patio and could hear the "boys on the beach" cranking the tunes and enjoying the evening with music and drinks. It was a nice way to end our vacation. Mahalo Kauai.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had not read any reviews of JJ's Broiler, so when we made a decision to go here for a late lunch / early dinner, I didn't know what to expect. Not wanting to sit in the bar, we opted to sit outside. (Duh, it's Hawaii) Our server arrived to take drink & appetizer orders and I knew we were going to have a good time. She was funny, energetic and knowledgable. Our Calamari appetizer arrived and it was okay. My wife ordered a Tuna Melt on sourdough and loved it. I ordered the Reuben and was initially impressed with the amount of meat in my sandwich. I was further impressed with the taste of my sandwich - it was an outstanding Reuben. One of the best lunches we enjoyed on Kauai!

And did I mention our server was fun?!

Been to JJ's Broiler? Share your experiences!