“Best place to eat in my opinion!!!”
Review of JJ's Broiler

JJ's Broiler
Ranked #11 of 125 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was by far the best place we ate the whole time we were there. I had the staek and seafood and was blown away of how great it was. Will definitely go back!

2  Thank BigEFortSmith

Reviewed August 19, 2013

just OK and nothing more. i don't go here because i have better ways of spending my money. Go to Costco and try samples or order from their food court--better value but certainly not gourmet. why waste your money here???

1  Thank ELLEN L
Reviewed August 14, 2013

While located at a shopping center next to the Marriott and the cruise ship port, it is a really decent restaurant with surprisingly delicious food. I was with local Kauai residents. One, swears by the hamburgers there which he claims are very good. The other local had the salmon which he said was also very good. I myself had the BLT and fried egg, something you might make at home but never find at a restaurant. Very good, with very delicious fries too.The restaurant was a mixed crowd, mostly locals and a handful of tourists. The view is awesome at lunch, watching the waves, beachgoers and stand up paddle boarders. I would definitely go back again. The one downside is that they allow the feral chickens roam the dining room, something you'll see all over Kauai.

1  Thank DT808
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The only reason I did not rate this place as "Poor" was because we had a pleasant server and nice view of Kalipaki Beach. We ate on the patio which had quite a few wild chickens running around (some even on top of the unoccupied tables which did not seem to concern any of the employees in the least.) Chickens were under our feet and walking along the hedge about 1 foot away from my plate. Gross. Yes, I live on this island and am aware that wild chickens are ubiquitous....but even the Costco food court has figured a way to deter these pests! My sandwich (Reuben) was awful, meat tough as nails and loaded with fat, it came with way too many fries for $13.99 (I left most of meal on my plate.) Hubby's burger ($15.99) wasn't great. Would have complained but we were with friends who like the place and did not want to upset them. Probably will never go back here.

1  Thank kauaigirl3
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were looking for a late lunch / early dinner and found the Happy Hour menu with the lunch menu a perfect combination before our flight to the mainland. Dennis was our server and was knowledgeable about the food and portion sizes, friendly and attentive . Best Mai Tai ever ! The food was great, served quickly and we were not rushed. Excellent choice for anyone looking to walk from the Marriott hotel property or Banyan Harbor. The menu gives you a broad range of food choices and sitting on the deck overlooking the Bay is wonderful. The service, prices and food were better here than at the other choices where service has been getting worse over the 10 years we have been going to Kauai. We will return several times during our next trip ! Aloha Dennis !

Been to JJ's Broiler? Share your experiences!