“Disappointed!”
Review of Duke's Kauai

Duke's Kauai
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Kauai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoreline Access
Transit: Bus stop on Rice Street
Description: On the sand at Kalapaki Beach, Duke’s is dedicated to legendary surfer Duke Kahanamoku, Hawaii’s Ambassador of Aloha. The restaurant’s open-air design offers stunning, sweeping ocean views while the 30 foot waterfall plunges into a koi pond below that meanders through the tables. Enjoy a leisurely lunch, romantic dinner, or tropical cocktail in a fun, friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hadn't been there in two years and we were told the menu was new. My wife had the chicken and it was dry and very hard to cut. I had one of the fish specials (don't remember name) and it was good but could have had more sauce on the top. The salad bar is delicious as always and the service is awesome! It seems some of the food quality has dropped.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Though we live close to a Dukes in Malibu Californian, it is NOT the same as a visit to Duke's Canoe Club in Kauai. We love spending time downstairs for a drink and the entertainment, then having a wonderful dinner upstairs. It is an evening to remember. The food is awesome, the fish is so fresh and beautifully prepares. The views from the tables couldn't be any better. The service is wonderful and atmosphere sublime. Can't say enough positives about this wonderful place.!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stopped for lunch at the recommendation of a hotel concierge. The view is lovely, much better than the food. I ordered an ahi wrap that was 85% rice, a little lettuce and a few small pieces of tuna. Not worth the $18. My husband ordered the fish sandwich, which was ordinary but better than the wrap.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have left a review on Duke's before…..the food is usually good, salad bar exceptional. But the drinks and cocktails leave much to be desired. We have visited twice within the past two weeks. On the first visit I had the house chardonnay and it was horrible (and I am not difficult to please.). On the second visit I ordred a Stella Artois on Draft. I do not know what I got but it was most definitely not Stella…(and I have had draft Stella many times and know the taste. This was incredibly bitter and unpleasant.) My husband ordered an Absolut Citron martini. The presentation was nice, but it definitely was not Absolute Citron. Our issues with Dukes and their cocktails go back for years. Overpriced and what we believe to be cheap and/or watered/down liquor substituted for what you order. Sorry. Have your drinks before you go.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great beach location, great happy hour drinks (especially if you want to be super kitsch and get something frozen in a pineapple WITH an umbrella!), and their fish tacos were pretty delicious as well. I was skeptical when my cousin suggested I visit as I generally try to stay clear of big resorts, but once you get through the maze of the hotel and to the beach, it's definitely lovely. Staff was very friendly, and if you're looking for a lot of sunburned tourists to talk your ear off, you're more than likely to find someone to strike up a convo with.

1  Thank Elizabeth P