“Blowing up things”

Experienced Shooter Packages
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! New and Novice shooters are welcome to join us for a "Sporting Clays Intro" lesson. Experienced shooters can come test their skills on one of the most beautiful courses in the the world. We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fun time and a great learning experience. Instructors were great. 2 of us even went back the next day for some more instruction and entertainment.

There are newer reviews for Kauai Sporting Clays

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband has never touched any type of gun before, but as a surprise to me, he scheduled us to go and shoot some flying clay targets. Not something you would think to do on Kauai, but the site was beautiful, the owners were first class and wonderful people. Our instructor (the owner) spent all his time with us and helped us to learn so many things...even I thought I knew enough about shotguns...apparently not.

It was so much fun and with all he taught us...we left with a new appreciation for the art/sport. My husband left feeling comfortable holding a gun, shooting, and learning about safety. Now that his fear was put to rest, he has a new appreciation and outlook.

One of our best days on the Island ever.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Ben was a fantastic instructor. We learned a tremendous amount in a very friendly atmosphere one on one with Ben. We were both very inexperienced, so it worked out very well. We both hit several targets and the doubles were great when I would both of them in the same round.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a great experience. Bill was awesome. We got such a great lesson in safety and proper shooting. He went way above the call of duty with the amount of detail and time he spent with us.
And he is funny too!
Highly recommend.
Gary Blount

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Never having touched a gun in my 60 years on this earth, it was a bit of a stretch for me to think about shooting on this vacation. My husband is a regular skeet and trap shooter and a former military man, so the stretch was not so far for him. We went to Kauai Eco Sporting Clays and I got a wonderful lesson from Ben, who is an easy going, funny and knowledgeable instructor. He was more than patient with me, helping me experience success along the way, after teaching me all of the safety pieces necessary to have a positive experience. He gave me a 20 gauge auto loading shotgun, with light recoil; I had a padded vest to protect my shoulder, and off I went, into the world of clay shooting. With Ben's expert guidance and very upbeat attitude, I was able to have success and overcome my irrational fear of shooting.

Thanks for a great time. We'll be back the next time we are in Kauai.