“A great time for beginners and experienced shooters.”

Kauai Sporting Clays
Experienced Shooter Packages
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! New and Novice shooters are welcome to join us for a "Sporting Clays Intro" lesson. Experienced shooters can come test their skills on one of the most beautiful courses in the the world. We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We are beginner shooters for sporting clays. We have shot trap in the past but Sporting clays are very different. Miguel was exceptional giving great advice on how to spot the break point. My son and I learned a lot from Miguel. We had a very good time and laughs. It was such a good experience my son and I talked about doing again once we get home. From start to finish it took just under 2 hrs but we could have stayed there for another 2 hours. I would highly recommend trying this and Miguel for beginner and experienced shooters.

2  Thank Fred M
"great fun"
in 35 reviews
"unique experience"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
in 7 reviews
"wailua falls"
"shotgun"
in 76 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2013

As my girlfriend and I were driving up to Wailua Falls, we saw the sign. We stopped by on the way back, but the but the gate was closed. We made a reservation for the next day online. The girls in the office were helpful in getting our guns and supplies. Ben scored us on the first round, and Miguel on the second. They both were eager to give us pointers to bring up our scores. Even though we both shoot trap, sporting clays is a whole different animal. We had a very good time, and would recommend anyone to go and give it a try.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank A S
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The group of 4 (2 adults & 2 teens) stopped by on our next to last day on Kauai. Three of us had never shot clays before and the fourth had been many years. I'm glad we stopped towards the end of the trip, as it kept our return visit expenses down. If we had visited earlier, I'm pretty sure we would have returned a couple of times. This was one of the favorite things we did during the trip. Ben was very personable and a fantastic instructor. He could very quickly identify what we were doing wrong & give us steps to address it. Though we couldn't always make them sink in & do it, we did see great improvement from the start to the end of the session. He was very patient with the beginners and very open with his answers - both about clay shooting & island life in general. We had a great time & will stop back on our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a surprise find on the way to Wailua falls. I stopped in on the way back from the waterfall and it was the best decision I made for our whole trip. Ben was extremely affable and ready to accommodate my party for a surprise visit for my husband the next day. My husband assumed we were zip lining and was astonished to be clay shooting instead. My 18 year old daughter shot the best of the three of us and my husband is already talking about our return trip. This is a must for any family Kauai vacation.