“Highly recommended activity on beautiful Kauai”

Kauai Sporting Clays
Experienced Shooter Packages
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! New and Novice shooters are welcome to join us for a "Sporting Clays Intro" lesson. Experienced shooters can come test their skills on one of the most beautiful courses in the the world. We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I thought this would be an interesting and fun activity for us to enjoy on Kauai, and boy was I right! I haven't shot a rifle since 6th grade Hunter Safety education class but the instructions from Ben were so precise that I hit quite a few clays. It was a blast and I think I hit more than my husband...but who's counting?

Huge emphasis on safety, which was appreciated and made me respect the rifle and not be scared of it.

There's more to Kauai than beach time, luaus, and shopping. I HIGHLY recommend this activity! Thank you, Ben.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stumbled upon this unexpected blast on our way to Wailua Falls. Having never fired a gun before, my son and I decided to give it a try. Ben went out of his way to accommodate our schedule. He gave us one to one tutorials both for my son and myself and was an excellent teacher and takes safety very seriously. We would definitely do this again if the chance were to arise.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Similar as others, I found Kauai Sporting Clays on Trip Advisor. Every review to-date is spot on. Instructor/ owner Ben, is outstanding. This may not be a typical activity consideration for a Hawaii vacation but my gosh, glad we made the stop. I trap-shoot a couple times a year at home, but my wife had never done it. Ben's instruction A-Z was phenominal... wife loved it, and was blasting clay pigeon targets immediately. I certainly learned a few things and improved my target hits too.

We plan to return once more before end of our trip. Can't miss the bright orange sign 'Sporting Clays' on left, on way to Wailua Falls from Lihue. Great people out there and really, a heckuva lotta fun!

3  Thank Ted M
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Took my 15 and 13 year old daughters here for their birthdays - neither had a shot a gun before. Ben the owner is an outstanding instructor. Very knowledgeable, very encouraging, very patient, good sense of humour - truly a natural.

Set up is very good, very safe even for the most novice of shooters.

My older daughter did not love the noise but enjoyed the experience. My younger daughter really enjoyed it all.

I have shot guns a lot but only sporting clays once - absolutely loved it. Looking forward to my next visit.

3  Thank Burkies124
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We found out about this place through this very site and decided to check it out. We have never shot a gun before and were hesitant as we watched some regulars make it look so easy. We decided this may not be for us, but Ben (the instructor) along with a few regulars encouraged us to stay and try....assuring us it was safe, fun, & easy to learn. So we decided to give it a shot. And...we were so glad we listened to them. It was so much fun!!! Ben was an awesome & patient instructor, encouraging us, giving tips & great instruction throughout the lesson. Would we do it again???? Absolutely! If you haven't tried it, it's something worth trying! This was one of our highlights of our trip here.

1  Thank TMacallan