“So fun!”
Review of Koloa Rum Company

Koloa Rum Company
Ranked #3 of 55 things to do in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: For the first time in history, Rum is being distilled legally on the island of Kauai. Visit Koloa Rum's Premier Tasting Room and Company Store at Kilohana Plantation in Puhi, Kaua`i where our award winning Premium Hawaiian Rums are available. Also popular are our rum cakes, rum fudge sauce, Kukui Brand Mai Tai Mix, jams, jellies, syrups, Koloa Rum logo wear and other unique Hawaiian made products. Open daily at 9:30am. All tastings and alcohol sales require a valid photo ID and all individuals must be 21 years or older to enter the tasting room. Please enjoy responsibly!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So fun!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I had so much fun during our short visit to the rum company. The staff is so friendly and fun. Our tasting was delicious and the rum cake is to die for! It is a must do on Kauai!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ciara C

Alexandria, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been wine tasting and beer tasting, but never liquor tasting. This was great! Happy to know we can find some of them in Washington, DC, but definitely purchased and brought home the gold and spiced. Made for GREAT souvenirs.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Free Rum Tastings! (But you'll probably buy a bottle anyway)”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've never been wine tasting, but I think I'd like rum tasting better anyway! The day we came, they had just launched their coconut rum so we got to sample this as well.
The spiced rum isn't as good as Sailor Jerry (not as strong) but still quite tasty.
And, we also got to sample their special rum cake - double yum!

Since I knew I wouldn't be able to get the coconut rum on the mainland for some time, I bought a bottle as well as a "wine skin" just to be sure it wouldn't bust in my luggage.

Visited July 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“rum taste”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For a company that has not been around very long they make some great rum. We did the rum tasting tour which allows you to taste all there different rums. At the end they give you a little bite of the rum cake that is delicious! They have a nice gift shop to purchase rum & gift items.

Visited July 2013
Pukalani, Maui
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great Rum, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Make it a point to visit the Koloa Rum Company on your vacation. There is a small gift shop where you can buy their rums, rum cake, and other items. They offer a free rum tasting every half hour where you can sample their rums which leads to you making your own mai tai. I was the only one in the tasting during my visit and I talked to the host a while after the tasting about life in the islands. The staff here are friendly and will go in depth about the rum.

Visited June 2013